Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 133
  1. #1
    Site Admin Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Morgan City, LA
    Posts
    36,398
    +1
    2,524

    Florida Institute of Technology Musclecraft Shootout Results

    FIT hosted the musclecraft shootout this year featuring the 09 model skis.

    Attached is BRP's press release.
    Attached Files Attached Files


  2. #2
    Bounty Hunter Carlos Thomas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    San Leandro, CA
    Posts
    1,401
    +1
    22
    NT

  3. #3
    Bounty Hunter Carlos Thomas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    San Leandro, CA
    Posts
    1,401
    +1
    22
    I don't like vendor sponsored testing. But any testing is good testing. I am not surprised by the results other than the buoy (closed course test). Six buoys is not a lot, and the conditions on that course where probably flat (which no closed course is). And the riders who tested are (I believe) mostly sea-doo owners which will make there abilities favor the RXP models.

  4. #4
    SHOTIME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Englewood, FL.
    Posts
    136
    it would appear that these tests are completely unbaised

  5. #5
    Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Posts
    9,202
    +1
    673
    Here comes all the excuses

  6. #6
    SHOBiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Wylie, Texas
    Posts
    3,577
    Interesting time for 0-50 for a FZR as Jerry's Stalker times for STOCK were:

    ...
    Average times out of 6 runs
    0-30 1.90 seconds
    0-40 2.61 seconds
    0-50 3.59 seconds
    0-60 5.26 seconds
    ...

    I think his fastest of these runs was 3.46 which is a hell of a lot different than 4.30 that BRP ( FIT) reports on THEIR test

  7. #7
    It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Posts
    4,573
    Quote Originally Posted by SHOBiz View Post
    Interesting time for 0-50 for a FZR as Jerry's Stalker times for STOCK were:

    ...
    Average times out of 6 runs
    0-30 1.90 seconds
    0-40 2.61 seconds
    0-50 3.59 seconds
    0-60 5.26 seconds
    ...

    I think his fastest of these runs was 3.46 which is a hell of a lot different than 4.30 that BRP ( FIT) reports on THEIR test
    Surprised? I'm not.....

  8. #8
    mjh3ides's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Jupiter, Florida
    Posts
    6,805
    +1
    2,024
    Quote Originally Posted by SHOBiz View Post
    Interesting time for 0-50 for a FZR as Jerry's Stalker times for STOCK were:

    ...
    Average times out of 6 runs
    0-30 1.90 seconds
    0-40 2.61 seconds
    0-50 3.59 seconds
    0-60 5.26 seconds
    ...

    I think his fastest of these runs was 3.46 which is a hell of a lot different than 4.30 that BRP ( FIT) reports on THEIR test
    Hmmm, maybe they told the operator to pull the trigger a little earlier for the FZR & Ultra runs.

    The fuel consumption #'s are a little out of wack too. My SHO used ~18gph @ WOT(67.0mph) when stock...their test showed the FZR using 20.4gph @ 65...3+mph less than WOT. I'd think the FZR would be better than the SHO for fuel consumption since the hull should make less drag and can achive the same speed with less rpm. I call on FIT.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    GA / FL
    Posts
    89
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by mjh3ides View Post
    Hmmm, maybe they told the operator to pull the trigger a little earlier for the FZR & Ultra runs.

    The fuel consumption #'s are a little out of wack too. My SHO used ~18gph @ WOT(67.0mph) when stock...their test showed the FZR using 20.4gph @ 65...3+mph less than WOT. I'd think the FZR would be better than the SHO for fuel consumption since the hull should make less drag and can achive the same speed with less rpm. I call on FIT.

    I think when the videos come out and you see what Tim Judge ( for all of you who do not know this name, this man has built some of the fastest Yamahas and Kawasakis ever seen, has been the driving force behind more closed course national and world championships then all of us on this board combined ) has too say about the Sea-Doo vs. the new Yamaha FZR.

  10. #10
    mjh3ides's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Jupiter, Florida
    Posts
    6,805
    +1
    2,024
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody25911 View Post
    I think when the videos come out and you see what Tim Judge ( for all of you who do not know this name, this man has built some of the fastest Yamahas and Kawasakis ever seen, has been the driving force behind more closed course national and world championships then all of us on this board combined ) has too say about the Sea-Doo vs. the new Yamaha FZR.
    I'm by no means questioning Tim Judge, but I am questioning the objectivity of those who collected & published the data. I think I'll wait for Jerry's 09 musclecraft review to see what's what for the same reason I didn't run out to buy my SHO after seeing the boattest.com results last year.

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Florida Institute of Technology Musclecraft Shootout Results
    By Green Hulk in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 08-09-2011, 02:02 AM
  2. Florida Institute of Technology Musclecraft Shootout Results
    By Green Hulk in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 391
    Last Post: 06-05-2009, 01:13 PM
  3. 2008 Musclecraft Shootout Results
    By MikeTrin in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-29-2009, 02:56 PM
  4. Florida Institute of Technology Musclecraft Shootout Results
    By Green Hulk in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-02-2009, 09:28 AM
  5. RXP wins lake of the ozarks shootout.
    By theantiRXP in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-30-2005, 10:39 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •