Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WOW! jetskis do fly!!!!

Some of you may have seen this before but i have just came across it and it blew me away. it looks like a vx110
    Last edited by Skips313; 04-01-2009 at 07:18 PM.

Bet those last 5' before taking fight somebody was saying hole st.

Nothin' runs like a Deere IowanGPR's Avatar
    think this video was from two years ago, its been posted before.

KNOW THE AREA YOU ARE RIDING IN!

+1
    That's over on the colony side. Been there many many times. That's a dead end cove just past the ramp. They obviously weren't from the area. Bad juju! But nice form.

Neighborhood Superman SlowStang305's Avatar
    +1
    Looks like fun

From the video it looked like it was all concrete after the spillway not even a foot deep and then a dead end creek.

Quote Originally Posted by SlowStang305 View Post
    Looks like fun
    I agree, I think they thought they could of made it because if you watch the video never stopped or tried to swerve, they were going for it the whole time. Even when they were in the air they stayed in a set position the whole time. I would think instinct or panic would have them off the ski with arms failing in mid air.

WoW! Thats not funny because they got hurt, but id laugh if they rode it out, pretty awesome jump. If the water was deeper on the landing that would be awesome on a stand up. Yikes, I was in my dads boat and he was screwing around near the sandbar, before i knew it i got launched to the bow and for a split second noticed the 30 foot rooster tail of muddy water out the back. Learned a lesson not to screw around near sandbars, Bravo I's are some TOUGH drives! We've boated there for 20+ years, so Knowing your area isn't everything, using your brain is.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac View Post
    I agree, I think they thought they could of made it because if you watch the video never stopped or tried to swerve, they were going for it the whole time. Even when they were in the air they stayed in a set position the whole time. I would think instinct or panic would have them off the ski with arms failing in mid air.
    Like I said, I've spent 18 years on that lake and if they were locals, they would have known about the concrete runoff area and the fact that that creek runs into no mans land. There's no way to get the ski back into the lake and no way to get a trailer to the ski. If it was intentional then they were dumb asses and deserve a darwin award. If it was an accident as I believe then it was a tragic one. I'm sure they both suffered serioys back injuries at the very least. Lewisville is an extremely boat busy lake and the calm water in that cove was probably very attractive to a jet skier. It's also huge and you can be very familiar with one area and totally lost in another. This lake usually sets the state record for deaths by drowning and boating accidents in Texas every year. I used to live at A3 on the map and the accident occurred near D3 on the map.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lewisville lake.gif 
Views:	81 
Size:	8.7 KB 
ID:	124399  

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac View Post
    ...I would think instinct or panic would have them off the ski with arms failing in mid air.
    Panic and emergency situation responses are not nearly so predictable, especially given the surprise factor of not expecting to become airborne.

Why, in the short time you have available, would the riders try to get off the only thing that is going to cushion the impending impact with the concrete below?

If you only half get off before impact (dismounting in mid-air with two aboard isn't that easy to do), and then impact the watercraft as it lands, you risk worse injury.

One natural tendency would be to hang on tightly, rider to driver, driver to handlebars. From the video, that looks like what happened.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information