+1

need a few gallons of mobil1 0w40 synthetic??

gotta change the oil in my cars soon, need a few gallons , or a few cases of mobil 1 synthetic 0w40, anyone know where its on sale at the moment??
    walmart, pep boys, etc...

cheatin' piston popper addicted's Avatar
    +1
    Considered amsoil?

http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/sso.aspx?zo=1520362

http://www.amsoil.com/performancetests/g1971/index.aspx

preferred customer discount will save you about 20%

+1
    yep i'm lookin at it, for a benz they recommend 0w40 mobil1.
    tryin to find out if the amsoil euro 5w40 is the best match,
    229.5 or whatever

+1
    try walmart...i swear i just saw it the other day when i was getting oil there where i live(wis.)

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by lextoy View Post
    yep i'm lookin at it, for a benz they recommend 0w40 mobil1.
    tryin to find out if the amsoil euro 5w40 is the best match,
    229.5 or whatever
    Yes you can run the AMSOIL 5w-40 European 100% synthetic oil in the Benz. It exceeds the specs for your Benz. 1. Use only synthetic engine oil that is formulated to meet MB Sheet 229.5 or MB Sheet 229.51

Product Description
    AMSOIL European Car Formula 100% Synthetic 5W-40 Motor Oil (AFL) is specially formulated for the lubrication needs of modern European gasoline and diesel cars and light trucks. Formulated with advanced AMSOIL synthetic base stocks, premium additives and a 5W-40 viscosity rating, AMSOIL AFL is the preferred oil for virtually all European automobiles, especially turbo charged models. It is one of the only oils in North America to be recommended for the latest specifications of all three major European automakers - Volkswagen (Audi), BMW and Mercedes-Benz and the latest North American API specification. AMSOIL AFL is highly versatile for multiple applications.

AMSOIL, the leader in automotive synthetic lubrication, produced the world's first API qualified synthetic motor oil in 1972. Trust the extensive experience of AMSOIL The First in Synthetics® to do the best job protecting your engine.
    Maximum Engine Protection
    AMSOIL 100% Synthetic European Car Formula contains high quality anti-wear additives and surpasses the tough ACEA oil specifications for high temperature/high shear viscosity. It provides outstanding protection in high RPM, hot running engines and delivers dependable long-term performance for the extended drain intervals set by European automakers.

Superior Engine Cleanliness
    The excellent oxidation stability, heat resistance and detergency properties of AMSOIL Synthetic European Car Formula keep engines clean. It is specially designed to prevent sludge and varnish deposits for reduced oil consumption, extended engine life and maximum overall performance.

Minimizes Exhaust Emissions
    AMSOIL European Car Formula is designed for newer vehicle emission control systems. It meets current industry and vehicle manufacturer requirements for long life protection of gasoline vehicle catalytic converters and diesel particulate filters (DPF).

All Season Performance
    The broad 5W-40 viscosity rating, low volatility (burn-off) and wax free nature of AMSOIL Synthetic European Car Formula make it excellent for hot and cold temperatures. Engine wear is reduced, oil thickening is controlled and vehicles start easier in cold temperatures.

APPLICATION
    AMSOIL 100% Synthetic European Car Formula is formulated to surpass the most demanding European specifications. It is recommended for European and North American gasoline or diesel vehicles requiring any of the following worldwide specifications:
    • <LI class=style3>API SM/CF <LI class=style3>ACEA C3-04 <LI class=style3>ACEA A3/B3-04 <LI class=style3>ACEA A3/B4-04 <LI class=style3>ACEA C3 <LI class=style3>BMW LL-04 <LI class=style3>Mercedes Benz 229.31, 229.51 <LI class=style3>Porsche <LI class=style3>Saab <LI class=style3>Volvo <LI class=style3>Volkswagen 502.00, 505.00, 505.01
    • DaimlerChrysler MS-10725

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    how new is the BMW?

+1
    i got a 99 clk430, reccomended oils should be 229.5 spec,
    i think the 229.51 spec is also acceptable as it is the newer spec for newer mercedes.
    amsoil says it is good for both.

Lex, I use Mobile1 0-40W in my turbo Saab. Advanceautoparts normally has this on sale a couple times a year. Early last year it was 5 quarts of Mobile1 (I only need 4) plus a Mobile1 oil filter (normally $10) all for 24.99. Later last year, it was the same for $29.99. I haven't seen it on sale lately, so maybe it'll be in Aprils ads. I just changed the oil and don't drive the car in the winter, so I'm good for the season... Ron

+1
    Mobile 1 0w40 and Amsoil 5w40 are equal to one another. I personally run amsoil in my BMW and have my dad running it in his duramax its good sh*t

Lextoy, I noticed that AdvanceAutoParts has 5 quarts of Castrol Syntec Synthetic oil + K&N filter for $24.99 through 4/22/09 if you're interested. No Mobile1 though... Ron

Thread Information