Supercharger Dipstick Broke!!

Well I went to check my supercharger oil level, as I was lifting the dipstick out I could see that the stem was loose so I stopped and used a high powered shop vacuum to suck it out as I was worried that the stem would fall down in the supercharger. I got all the parts out but now have to wait for two week for a replacement. I don't see any harm in just putting the plug in without the stem but wanted to get some of the expertís thoughts on this. I will then replace it when the part arrives.

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by winnsboro_ultra250X View Post
    Well I went to check my supercharger oil level, as I was lifting the dipstick out I could see that the stem was loose so I stopped and used a high powered shop vacuum to suck it out as I was worried that the stem would fall down in the supercharger. I got all the parts out but now have to wait for two week for a replacement. I don't see any harm in just putting the plug in without the stem but wanted to get some of the expertís thoughts on this. I will then replace it when the part arrives.
    as long as you have the correct amount in there, and you plug it off, You wont have any drama, and when the new stick comes just put it in then.

just make up a temp dip stick to the same length from the top of the plug and all will be cool

Waz

broken dipstick

Went to check my sc oil level to find no dipstick! Any recommendations on how to get the dipstick out? I cannot see it, can anybody tell me how to remove the sc? Has anybody had the same problem?

Thread Information