Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

ratio for riva yamaha

I just bought a '99 riva yamaha GP1200 R3 that had the triples taken off it and was wondering what you guys thought the ratio of oil and gas should be at? 32:1? 40:1? Thanks in advance for the help!!!!!!

I think this will often end up in debate. For what it's worth, I run Castor 927 at 32:1 in all my skis.

Quote Originally Posted by Waveblaster785 View Post
    I think this will often end up in debate. For what it's worth, I run Castor 927 at 32:1 in all my skis.
    +1
    I also run 32:1 klotz R-50.

But if you are running single pipe then 40:1 would be good. If you run the triples at 32:1 and find it too be a little oily in the pipes you could bump to 34:1. Just my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Waveblaster785 View Post
    well you see i bought this ski a couple of weeks ago and have noticed that when i punch the throttle it will bog on me but if i feather it it will take off like a rocket...its only on the low end so what i have come to find out is that it may need new pilot jets since there arent triples on it anymore but im not sure whuch pilot jets are on it right now....I guess i probably need to adjust the low adjustment screw on the carbs since its bogging on the low end and fine on top end...Idk tho...let me know what u think!!!! Thanks

Hey bro..you are running my old single pipe..I bought the trips of that kid in deer field beach

that bog when you take off is a lean condition....try just opening the low speed screws 1\4 of a turn and see if it fixes your problem

should be 1 1\4 out on lows
    and around 1 out on highs.

Quote Originally Posted by jdog800 View Post
    that bog when you take off is a lean condition....try just opening the low speed screws 1\4 of a turn and see if it fixes your problem

should be 1 1\4 out on lows
    and around 1 out on highs.
    Actually wouldn't that be a rich condition. It feels like its getting too much gas too it and its flooding it out..it could be because its still set up for the triples and with the triples it would require more gas going through it

Quote Originally Posted by pilo704 View Post
    Hey bro..you are running my old single pipe..I bought the trips of that kid in deer field beach
    Yea i think i remember seeing the discussion about it when you said you had bought the triples off the ski.

nahh a bog is lean....
    if it was rich it would be sputtering and spitting..... hesitation is definatly a sign of a lean motor
    Open the low screw

if you have a tach you probably need to retune the top end too.

This is what you do. If you dont have tee handles this can take some time but its worth it. Open the bottom screw untill it starts sputtering. Now keep takeing off from a dead stop checking hole shot and start turning the screw in, until a slight hesitation appers. then turn the screw back open 1\4 of a turn. Now at this point u need to find out where you are at so turn the screw all the way in counting your turns then return the screw to were you had it.
    If you end up more that 1 1\4 out or closer than 1 turn in then u need to rejet. if not ride it and have fun.

the top end do the same except you need a tach to see when the rpms start falling off instead of a hesitation.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information