Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

RXT-X 4" Flex hose Intake Help!!!

got the flex hose to run the 4" air on The X Just wondering what I do with this..do I just pull it of.. the hose that is runs from here to there...

Also what is the reason behind the filter..Its not gonna stop Water or salt vapour from getting to the S/C and there's not alot of dust out on the Ocean...Is it nessesary

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P3310011.JPG 
Views:	79 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	123940   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P3310014.JPG 
Views:	71 
Size:	1.46 MB 
ID:	123941  

+1
    I would run the filter. It doesn't impede airflow an appreciable amount and it will keep debris from getting sucked into the sc. You'd be surprised what gets into your hull.

Pooche where did you get the hose from mate? I found a place that supplies something similar to kenaflex but am yet to order some. Cheers.

+1
    I run fine stainless Gauze over the end of my intake. It was actualy a stainless sieve that i cut up. Works great, keeps anything large enough to do damage out and will not restrict the airflow any. Been on for 1.5 seasons now with no issues. Your right about the dust as wel not much to worry about on the sea. R88

So I still need to run the engine breather hose..and relocate the Regulator/Rectifier Always a good Idea to read up before buying what you think you need...Anyway only at $80 for the items below and can use my R&D Plenum Filter...

http://www.rivamotorsports.com/instr...050_06_rxt.pdf

I'll use the riva Instructions but will see if I can use the Cheaper option of the Flexable 4" Hose... 3" to 4" silicone Adapter to 4" aluminium pipes..will have to just try and put in a connection in to connect the Breather....

Quote Originally Posted by XtRmn8 View Post
    Pooche where did you get the hose from mate? I found a place that supplies something similar to kenaflex but am yet to order some. Cheers.

Malaga Couplers http://www.couplers.com.au/ adress on there site...I think it was $AU34 a meter for the 4"...I got 2 Meters... I'll see how much I use...Might be some left

Quote Originally Posted by R88ory RXP View Post
    I run fine stainless Gauze over the end of my intake. It was actualy a stainless sieve that i cut up. Works great, keeps anything large enough to do damage out and will not restrict the airflow any. Been on for 1.5 seasons now with no issues. Your right about the dust as wel not much to worry about on the sea. R88

Yeah was told to just use the Gauze good idea that....I have since read up on how to actually do the install so I can use the R&D plenum filter which I'd put on 6 months ago...I've got it might as well use it now....

+1
    Just don't let it get sucked in there!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pooche View Post
    So I still need to run the engine breather hose..and relocate the Regulator/Rectifier Always a good Idea to read up before buying what you think you need...Anyway only at $80 for the items below and can use my R&D Plenum Filter...

http://www.rivamotorsports.com/instr...050_06_rxt.pdf

I'll use the riva Instructions but will see if I can use the Cheaper option of the Flexable 4" Hose... 3" to 4" silicone Adapter to 4" aluminium pipes..will have to just try and put in a connection in to connect the Breather....
    Mate I am making my own catch can/beather as per instructions that can be found on here. I should have it done in the next few days. I am hoping to have the intake done by the run on the 19th.

Cheers for the contact I'll call them on friday.

Btw I was just going to leave the rectifier and intake section on the top of the tank n just remove the section of the own intake leading up to it. Also running a 4 inch spectre ram air pod.

so you re-route your engine breather to a catch can..?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information