Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Overheating? How long to hold 'Full Throttle' ?

I'm preparing for a 22 mile crossing from South Shore to North Shore Lake Tahoe this summer. I've done it before, but this time I want to get there as fast as possible.

With Stage II, running full power for the full 22 miles, am I likely to encounter any problems?

This lake gets very rough in the afternoon where most small boats can't take it, meaning I would have to do this early morning.

Sounds like a fun ride! I go on distance rides too.... all the time. I'd like to know as well.

If it was me, I would make a trial run to see what happens. It's kind of hard to guess what might happen to your ski... Ron

whats the point??? are you going to win some cash otherwise i wouldnt even bother takin a chance on blowing the engine or some other kinda problem. if it were me i would take a thermos full of coffee and have a nice cruise

+1
    As long as your a/f is good and you have good clean oil to start you should be fine. 20 mins of wot is quite along time though. I would not do it to my boat . Just backing off the throttle a little can bring down your egts alot. You may want to consider running at 7/8 throttle or atleast backing off a little every now and then.

with just a stage II it should run all day long wide open at 8100 keep it peg unless u hear an alarm go off, sounds like fun hammer down

+1
    Usually in the summer I will do a run around the island I'm on (Brigantine). It is 16 miles and most of it is in the ocean. I was doing this on my stage 3 X this summer, it would take me just under 16 minutes. So I'm going pretty fast running through the ocean and I have not had a problem. One thing I would suggest is double and triple check all your water and coolant lines!

One time I did manage to break all three motor mount bolts! That was not fun!

+1
    Thanks for your help. And yes, I'm setting the Tahoe Personal Watercraft Record, whether people care or not.

It would be fun to talk about- no one would even think about doing it. Everyone I know, rarely even go across the lake in a boat. In a watercraft, it can only be done in the morning.

I'm going to have a boat ride next to me the whole time. This should only take me about 22 mins or less.

Quote Originally Posted by vidbuster View Post
    Thanks for your help. And yes, I'm setting the Tahoe Personal Watercraft Record, whether people care or not.

It would be fun to talk about- no one would even think about doing it. Everyone I know, rarely even go across the lake in a boat. In a watercraft, it can only be done in the morning.

I'm going to have a boat ride next to me the whole time. This should only take me about 22 mins or less.
    well in that case open that baby up and let'r rip.....good luck

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by vidbuster View Post

Sounds kinda cool. Let'r rip and keep us posted.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information