Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

need some help tuning!!!!!!

I just got off the phone with jdog800 and he has been more than helpful in giving me advice of what could be going on with my low end bog which is the result of running too lean on my low end. I am not too experienced in tuning skis and would feel a lot more comfortable with someone by my side to show me what to do. I live in bowling green, ky which is about 45 minutes north of nashville, tn so if anyone within a 3 hour radius is willing to show me a few things on tuning my ski i would really appreciate it.

man never could find that address i was looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by jdog800 View Post
    man never could find that address i was looking for.
    damn that sucks....well if you know of anyone else close just let me know man!!!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by tamous View Post
    damn that sucks....well if you know of anyone else close just let me know man!!!!

I'm likely in your range Tamous...and have a Pet2100DX tach that does a nice job with monitoring RPM's while tunning. You have Dave who is in Louisville that I would consider a good tuner....he's on these boards also if he has the time.

M

+1
    he's comin' up a week from monday. First thing we'll warm it up and then chk the bog...we'll try pushing the primer on takeoff and see if it's a lean bog or not. I have a feeling it's still jetted for triples and a rich bog but we'll see. He bought a commercial tinytach that updates every 1/2 second so we should be good to go. I'm gonna stand there with my hands in my pockets and give direction so he should be good to tune on his own in bowling green before long...and i suspect he's gonna learn a thing or two about yankin' the carbs off a gp12 and swappin' jets on monday.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dav_dman View Post
    he's comin' up a week from monday. First thing we'll warm it up and then chk the bog...we'll try pushing the primer on takeoff and see if it's a lean bog or not. I have a feeling it's still jetted for triples and a rich bog but we'll see. He bought a commercial tinytach that updates every 1/2 second so we should be good to go. I'm gonna stand there with my hands in my pockets and give direction so he should be good to tune on his own in bowling green before long...and i suspect he's gonna learn a thing or two about yankin' the carbs off a gp12 and swappin' jets on monday.

Best thing I've seen since sliced butter. Don't give someone a fish...you hand them the pole.. Have a 12mm wrench and quite a few "greens' ready there LOL

M

Quote Originally Posted by Mpeavler View Post
    Best thing I've seen since sliced butter. Don't give someone a fish...you hand them the pole.. Have a 12mm wrench and quite a few "greens' ready there LOL

M
    Yea Im actually really looking forward to this. I can't wait to learn a thing or two about how to work on my ski on my own. Im just really greatful that someone can show me the basics of everything first. There are a lot of great guys on here and mike and dave are two of the best that have been helping me out. I appreciate it guys!!!!! Maybe one day I will be half as knowledgable as yall about this sort of stuff!!!!

+1
    Bog is gone. I woulda bet money on a rich bog but Jdog800 nailed it. 1/4 to 3/8's out on the lows and no more bog, according to tamous. I think thats the only time in my life I've ever adjusted out a bog...but i always jet up and turn the screws in. He's not bad..1-1/4 to 1-3/8 out on the lows now.

Ramp was closed so we just worked off the trailer and he took it across town to the other ramp for river trials and further adjustment.

good call jdog.

anytime

I just want to say Thank You everyone who helped me out with this bog especially Dave who spent the whole day with me teaching me a few things about my ski and helping me fix the bog. I can't say enough to explain how appreciative I am. The adjustment screws are actually set at 1 3/8" with the exception of the third one whcih is set at 1 5/8". I figured I should leave them there until it warms up a little more and then turn them back in a little in the summer. Is this what yall would do?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information