Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: BOV ????

BOV ????

has anyone forund a good one for the fzr? and if so a price and can any one on the gulf coast area help me with the install?/?

I would go with the r&d...it will be an easy install...get the multi port adaptor and you should have no problems....
    you can buy it from the online store here. link is http://www.4-tecperformance.com/

If you are more advanced then you could have something fabbed up...
    some people are using the hks...do a search and you will find alot of info on the subject.

+1
    Since we have another BOV question going I would like to ask one myself: Why do you need the pressure port adapter to run the BOV? I went with the HKS SSQ and am waiting for it to show up, and if I need that adapter then I'm throwing it on order as well.

Sorry for the obvious answer if it's something I'm missing here. I'm green to this BOV stuff, and of the pictures from the other thread it seems like the ski 's I'm seeing are way more modified than I'm gonna go. (IE: R3Killa's masterpiece)

Also, a free bump for the original poster kwb0748 still looking for some help with his install. Plenty of help in FLA I know!

Quote Originally Posted by Awamori View Post
    Since we have another BOV question going I would like to ask one myself: Why do you need the pressure port adapter to run the BOV? I went with the HKS SSQ and am waiting for it to show up, and if I need that adapter then I'm throwing it on order as well.

Sorry for the obvious answer if it's something I'm missing here. I'm green to this BOV stuff, and of the pictures from the other thread it seems like the ski 's I'm seeing are way more modified than I'm gonna go. (IE: R3Killa's masterpiece)

Also, a free bump for the original poster kwb0748 still looking for some help with his install. Plenty of help in FLA I know!

This is a simple do it yourself way to get access to the vacuum needed to operate the BOV and also provides another port a boost sensor/gauge can be added. I have 2 together with longer screws to double up cuz I am a little crazy..

Another way to get vacuum would be to drill and tap the intake manifold for a 1/8 NPT fitting.

i wish i could do the install myself.. but i am in a wheelchair.. broke my back in 06..so if anyone close i will gladdly pay for the install..

Quote Originally Posted by Awamori View Post

how are you planning to install the hks bov?? hope you have someone lined up to fab you a pipe with a flange on it....
    or are you planning to replace you intercooler at the same time?

I am in north Georgia...wish I was closer I would put it in for ya...try looking in the local rides section surely there are some people from AL there...

by the way all of this has been discused before...look at the sho library thread...there is A-Lot of info there that you should read it will get you caught up on the Sho platform. here's the link...
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=88225

i want to protect the supercharger and i do like the pop off sound? r&d one make any sounds?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by allstar71 View Post
    how are you planning to install the hks bov?? hope you have someone lined up to fab you a pipe with a flange on it....
    or are you planning to replace you intercooler at the same time?
    Yea my plans are to have an pipe made from a local turbo shop on island. These Japanese guys have turbo/superchargers worked out due to drifting craze. I wasnt planning on doing a new intercooler as of yet. I'm stopping at C1 and was going to try 13/24 cause I'm right at sea level and have the stock prop bent 13/23 if possible in case I need to switch. Everything else is Riva RPM kit minus the ride plate.

I was just thinking and have read all the previous post if using that pressure port adapter was really neccessary. Thought there was some talk of being able to tap the manifold or something like that. Going back to read more!

this is how i do with my intake.drilled and tap.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information