Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Rasta Mon Condoms We Be Jammin!!!!! TxVirageTx's Avatar
    +1

Double triple trouble

2 triple piped skis.new changes over the winter.the pro,having 2 long d/s made.weight shift of the stator rearward,quicker pump reloads,ability to replace just a wear ring if the prop does damage.replacing a 17/22 with a 17/24 on my 8 vane,needs more mid to top pull.trim tabs to keep the f'n nose down on takeoff. longer steering nozzle(like a riva)but loss of trim.the virage,removed oil injection,replaced light tension for heavy petals.new carbs at 42mm(new headache)skat 17/22 prop on 6 vane.solid coupler,motor realign. reclearance pipes.should be some interesting test and tune days,i expect some excellent results

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Good luck with tuning.

Sounds like a PITA with new carb sizes.

+1

hope

i'm really hoping to use the pro as a base setup,seeing as how it turned into a learning backwards loop.wouldn't surprise me to see my inital setup be on the money or one jet down on the mains for a preferred setting on the main adjuster.

Quote Originally Posted by TxPro1200 View Post
    i'm really hoping to use the pro as a base setup,seeing as how it turned into a learning backwards loop.wouldn't surprise me to see my inital setup be on the money or one jet down on the mains for a preferred setting on the main adjuster.
    Doug, my 48mm carbs came off of a triple Pro1200. All I did was go from staggered jetting to straight jetting (used the largest of the 3 main jets), and it was pretty much dead on. The Pro had stock cylinders, so it doesn't surprise me that I had to jet up slightly for the Virage.

+1

yep

its casual...

+1

da shafts

got my long shafts back,super cool,did some more fitting on the grates to align better with the pump tunnel.then i noticed that the back support on the trailers rusted thru.can't believe they used thinner metal there than the side rails.i guess better here than on the road

+1

water time

got the trailer back and realigned the bunks.finally got the pro to launch with a 5 wedge and not come unhooked.the nu-jet did very well but the 6 vane setup is missing that gut wrenching feel of the 8 vane skat setup.the trim tabs will have to go up more for squeaking out more mph,but ran well.the virage ran o'kay,didn't beat on it just rode it some till i get fresh gas in both and get the pressure set,but pulled nicely and no issues to speak of.

+1
    Sounds like a good start.

+1

pro

fresh gas added to both skis and octane booster.virage has an issue...when it hits it runs badass.had a fuel pressure gauge on it,the return pressure never got over 1.5 psi.will start a post about that.wetted up the pipes on the pro,the .0550 is just to hot always getting sludge out the exhaust. i figure my difference is because i removed the 2 1/4" end and went to 3" and installed a pro785 waterbox.drilled out the jets to .0635.no more sludge.friggin ski ran awesome the whole time out and it was 2 ft chop,can't believe the huge difference the trim tabs make even when they're almost all the way up.got the skat prop back and clearance the hub and fitted up my 8 vane setup.

+1
    Sounds like the PRO it about there. COOL!!!!

Can I ask what the sludge in the exhaust and heat means? I never heard about that reference before.

I've noticed alot of sludge coming out of "her ride" with the dry pipe. Thanks

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information