Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Posts
    24

    Question AFR recommendation & Install

    What’s up crew,
    Please forgive me if I have overlooked any previous threads addressing my question as I have exhausted all known efforts to find articles within the GreenHulk database concerning AFR meters.

    Machine:
    ’05 RXP, Rotax 10lb SC wheel, RIVA 50lb injectors, Inconel valves, upgrd springs, titanium retainers (Ferrea), Rotax thermostat & RIVA PowerCooler.

    Issue:
    Was advised to consider installing an AFR meter. Was told that the LM-1/2 is popular. Also, is it recommended to buy an adaptor to fit between the goose neck and exhaust manifold to seat the oxygen sensor or tap directly into the exhaust manifold to seat the oxygen sensor.

    I’m no jet mechanic but am mechanically inclined enough to learn from the pros. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

    Rfactor


  2. #2
    R88ory RXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Kent, England
    Posts
    2,737
    +1
    46
    I would say that your injectors are to big 4 a start, you would be fine with 42s with your setup. The 50 injectors are for the riva ECU. As far as the AFR setup you can go with either of the LM units or you could get the LC1 with a gauge (this is what i am using) Here is a how that i made for installing a bung into your J pipe (gooseneck) this is where you screw the sensor into that senses the exhaust gasses http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...highlight=bung

    It is good that you are going to monitor your AF but there are alot of people running your setup or something very similar. Genraly if you got an external IC, and an upgrade SC wheel than you need to run with 42s. Did you list all your mods?? this may help others with more expirience with different setups than me comment on what you need. Hope that helps R88

  3. #3
    West Texas RXP skoepp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    west texas
    Posts
    12,019
    +1
    149
    Welcome to your first post! You been soaking it in for awhile. JKThe LM 1 or 2 or LC1 will work fine for tuning. You will need a bung in your J-Pipe. You might find one used or you can have the service done thru some here.Good Luck!

  4. #4
    Site Admin Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Morgan City, LA
    Posts
    36,398
    +1
    2,524
    Quote Originally Posted by Rfactor View Post
    What’s up crew,
    Please forgive me if I have overlooked any previous threads addressing my question as I have exhausted all known efforts to find articles within the GreenHulk database concerning AFR meters.

    Machine:
    ’05 RXP, Rotax 10lb SC wheel, RIVA 50lb injectors, Inconel valves, upgrd springs, titanium retainers (Ferrea), Rotax thermostat & RIVA PowerCooler.

    Issue:
    Was advised to consider installing an AFR meter. Was told that the LM-1/2 is popular. Also, is it recommended to buy an adaptor to fit between the goose neck and exhaust manifold to seat the oxygen sensor or tap directly into the exhaust manifold to seat the oxygen sensor.

    I’m no jet mechanic but am mechanically inclined enough to learn from the pros. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

    Rfactor
    Welcome to the forum Rfactor!

    1st, remove the 50 lb injectors. They are way too big. All you need is 42's for that setup and no need to worry with your A/F ratio as it's a proven setup and very safe.

    Are you still running the stock ECU? You sure have a lot of valve train upgrades for a stock ECU.

  5. #5
    speedskixp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    venice fl.
    Posts
    8,117
    +1
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    Welcome to the forum Rfactor!

    1st, remove the 50 lb injectors. They are way too big. All you need is 42's for that setup and no need to worry with your A/F ratio as it's a proven setup and very safe.

    Are you still running the stock ECU? You sure have a lot of valve train upgrades for a stock ECU.
    I think he is probably running the 50s and valve train upgrades because he has a riva ecu.
    If needed, I can install a bung for $110 including bung and return shipping. Although, even if you test your a/f you have no way of adjusting it other than changing injectors w/out a rrfpr or controller of some type. I'm sure the riva ecu and 50s are fine if thats what you are running.

  6. #6
    Site Admin Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Morgan City, LA
    Posts
    36,398
    +1
    2,524
    Quote Originally Posted by speedskixp View Post
    I think he is probably running the 50s and valve train upgrades because he has a riva ecu.
    I'm kinda thinking that too. Even if he does have the ECU his AFR is going to be spot on with that setup.

  7. #7
    Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Posts
    9,202
    +1
    673
    Speed performs great bung hole jobs....

  8. #8
    speedskixp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    venice fl.
    Posts
    8,117
    +1
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddyRXP View Post
    Speed performs great bung hole jobs....
    As Skoepp would say (insert dude with middle finger up here).lol
    As bigdaddy would say (insert middle finger here) > ...
    Sorry guys. now back on topic please.

  9. #9
    speedskixp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    venice fl.
    Posts
    8,117
    +1
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    I'm kinda thinking that too. Even if he does have the ECU his AFR is going to be spot on with that setup.
    My thoughts exactly.

  10. #10
    Moderator beerdart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    25,930
    +1
    1,407
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddyRXP View Post
    Speed performs great bung hole jobs....
    Thanks for the input Jammer

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Afr and egt installed..but what should they read?
    By oikonomoupetros in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 05-19-2015, 03:02 AM
  2. Need help finding AFR gauge and installing it?
    By cuban133054 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-10-2012, 06:20 PM
  3. AFR O2 sensor install question
    By warsawspeedfreak in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-12-2012, 09:06 PM
  4. Why won't Riva recommend installing thru-hull with OPAS?
    By Shibby1485 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 06-20-2007, 09:50 PM
  5. How to install the amp/speakers in the waverunner
    By picaflor in forum Yamaha How To & FAQs
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-18-2007, 01:02 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •