Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Question AFR recommendation & Install

What’s up crew,
    Please forgive me if I have overlooked any previous threads addressing my question as I have exhausted all known efforts to find articles within the GreenHulk database concerning AFR meters.

Machine:
    ’05 RXP, Rotax 10lb SC wheel, RIVA 50lb injectors, Inconel valves, upgrd springs, titanium retainers (Ferrea), Rotax thermostat & RIVA PowerCooler.

Issue:
    Was advised to consider installing an AFR meter. Was told that the LM-1/2 is popular. Also, is it recommended to buy an adaptor to fit between the goose neck and exhaust manifold to seat the oxygen sensor or tap directly into the exhaust manifold to seat the oxygen sensor.

I’m no jet mechanic but am mechanically inclined enough to learn from the pros. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Rfactor

+1
    I would say that your injectors are to big 4 a start, you would be fine with 42s with your setup. The 50 injectors are for the riva ECU. As far as the AFR setup you can go with either of the LM units or you could get the LC1 with a gauge (this is what i am using) Here is a how that i made for installing a bung into your J pipe (gooseneck) this is where you screw the sensor into that senses the exhaust gasses http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...highlight=bung

It is good that you are going to monitor your AF but there are alot of people running your setup or something very similar. Genraly if you got an external IC, and an upgrade SC wheel than you need to run with 42s. Did you list all your mods?? this may help others with more expirience with different setups than me comment on what you need. Hope that helps R88

+1
    Welcome to your first post! You been soaking it in for awhile. JKThe LM 1 or 2 or LC1 will work fine for tuning. You will need a bung in your J-Pipe. You might find one used or you can have the service done thru some here.Good Luck!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rfactor View Post
    What’s up crew,
    Please forgive me if I have overlooked any previous threads addressing my question as I have exhausted all known efforts to find articles within the GreenHulk database concerning AFR meters.

Machine:
    ’05 RXP, Rotax 10lb SC wheel, RIVA 50lb injectors, Inconel valves, upgrd springs, titanium retainers (Ferrea), Rotax thermostat & RIVA PowerCooler.

Issue:
    Was advised to consider installing an AFR meter. Was told that the LM-1/2 is popular. Also, is it recommended to buy an adaptor to fit between the goose neck and exhaust manifold to seat the oxygen sensor or tap directly into the exhaust manifold to seat the oxygen sensor.

I’m no jet mechanic but am mechanically inclined enough to learn from the pros. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Rfactor
    Welcome to the forum Rfactor!

1st, remove the 50 lb injectors. They are way too big. All you need is 42's for that setup and no need to worry with your A/F ratio as it's a proven setup and very safe.

Are you still running the stock ECU? You sure have a lot of valve train upgrades for a stock ECU.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    Welcome to the forum Rfactor!

1st, remove the 50 lb injectors. They are way too big. All you need is 42's for that setup and no need to worry with your A/F ratio as it's a proven setup and very safe.

Are you still running the stock ECU? You sure have a lot of valve train upgrades for a stock ECU.
    I think he is probably running the 50s and valve train upgrades because he has a riva ecu.
    If needed, I can install a bung for $110 including bung and return shipping. Although, even if you test your a/f you have no way of adjusting it other than changing injectors w/out a rrfpr or controller of some type. I'm sure the riva ecu and 50s are fine if thats what you are running.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by speedskixp View Post
    I think he is probably running the 50s and valve train upgrades because he has a riva ecu.
    I'm kinda thinking that too. Even if he does have the ECU his AFR is going to be spot on with that setup.

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Speed performs great bung hole jobs....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddyRXP View Post
    As Skoepp would say (insert dude with middle finger up here).lol
    As bigdaddy would say (insert middle finger here) > ...
    Sorry guys. now back on topic please.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    I'm kinda thinking that too. Even if he does have the ECU his AFR is going to be spot on with that setup.
    My thoughts exactly.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddyRXP View Post
    Thanks for the input Jammer

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information