Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 47
  1. #1

    Best oil for Yamaha 4 stroke engines?

    Wich is the best oil do use on Yamaha engines, I can't find any Yamaha oil's on my area, and I need do change the oil on my VX, can I use other brand? preferly better than Yamaha lube?

    Thanks


  2. #2
    mjh3ides's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Jupiter, Florida
    Posts
    6,799
    +1
    2,013
    Quote Originally Posted by bruno View Post
    Wich is the best oil do use on Yamaha engines, I can't find any Yamaha oil's on my area, and I need do change the oil on my VX, can I use other brand? preferly better than Yamaha lube?

    Thanks
    I use Amsoil Marine 10W/40 synthetic, but I'd think any high performance marine oil should be fine.

    http://www.amsoil.com

  3. #3
    800AMSOIL4U's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Morgan Hill, CA
    Posts
    5,024
    +1
    132
    Quote Originally Posted by bruno View Post
    Wich is the best oil do use on Yamaha engines, I can't find any Yamaha oil's on my area, and I need do change the oil on my VX, can I use other brand? preferly better than Yamaha lube?

    Thanks
    I would use a Marine oil. Here is 1 choice for you. AMSOIL 10w-40 Synthetic Marine Oil http://www.amsoil.com/redirect.cgi?z...storefront/wcf It gets shipped to your door.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by 800AMSOIL4U View Post
    I would use a Marine oil. Here is 1 choice for you. AMSOIL 10w-40 Synthetic Marine Oil http://www.amsoil.com/redirect.cgi?z...storefront/wcf It gets shipped to your door.
    I don't see it listing the JASO rating like the motorcycle oil?

  5. #5
    hitman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    Posts
    4,328
    +1
    12
    AMSOIL

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Southern Florida
    Posts
    5,589
    +1
    345
    Quote Originally Posted by mjh3ides View Post
    I use Amsoil Marine 10W/40 synthetic, but I'd think any high performance marine oil should be fine.

    http://www.amsoil.com
    +1...that's what I use.

  7. #7
    Flash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Phoenix Az
    Posts
    425
    +1
    10
    There is no better oil than Maxima! http://islandracing.net/engineoilslubes.html

    Or, look around your local area to see who sales it. Do a search for Maxima dealers in your area.

  8. #8
    800AMSOIL4U's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Morgan Hill, CA
    Posts
    5,024
    +1
    132
    Quote Originally Posted by RXP-REX View Post
    I don't see it listing the JASO rating like the motorcycle oil?

    Here is the test JASO MA2
    Attached Files Attached Files

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by 800AMSOIL4U View Post
    Here is the test JASO MA2
    Alright. Thanks!

  10. #10
    800AMSOIL4U's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Morgan Hill, CA
    Posts
    5,024
    +1
    132
    Quote Originally Posted by RXP-REX View Post
    Alright. Thanks!

    No problem. Glad I could help.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Riva releases new "Last Drop" oil extraction system for Yamaha 4-stroke skis
    By Green Hulk in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 08-15-2016, 12:11 AM
  2. Best two stroke oil for yamaha gp800r
    By fishlips723 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 10-21-2012, 12:36 PM
  3. Best Oil For RXT
    By dms1sds in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-06-2008, 10:54 PM
  4. What OIL for Yamaha FX 140 03 ???
    By hajenhajen in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-23-2008, 12:16 PM
  5. Plz Post Speed Tips For Yamaha 4 Stroke
    By Gj#6 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-02-2008, 06:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •