Another promoter leaving the APBA

This is a press release from the Region 4 promoter:

Pro Tour Promotions
    Phone: 608-575-3037
    [email protected]
    Press Release
    Madison, WI, March 31, 2009: Pro Tour Promotions will be an independent promoter for the 2009 Race Series. With this change, we will be using the International Jet Sports Boating Association (IJSBA) rule book for governing our race series.
    The IJSBA is the original Personal Watercraft Race sanctioning organization and founder of the National Tour. The IJSBA also produces the World Finals Event which is the largest gathering of personal watercraft racers.
    Great Lakes Watercross participants will need to purchase an annual IJSBA competition card for the 2009 season. For information on purchasing your competition card or other member benefits please visit our website or go to www.ijsba.com.
    As promoters of PWC racing events, we feel this is a positive move towards the continued growth of personal watercraft racing in the United States.
    For Release 9 a.m. CST, March 31, 2009

Test Pilot and Racer for Hire phoenixcustoms's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by duane View Post
    This is a press release from the Region 4 promoter:

Pro Tour Promotions
    Phone: 608-575-3037
    [email protected]
    Press Release
    Madison, WI, March 31, 2009: Pro Tour Promotions will be an independent promoter for the 2009 Race Series. With this change, we will be using the International Jet Sports Boating Association (IJSBA) rule book for governing our race series.
    The IJSBA is the original Personal Watercraft Race sanctioning organization and founder of the National Tour. The IJSBA also produces the World Finals Event which is the largest gathering of personal watercraft racers.
    Great Lakes Watercross participants will need to purchase an annual IJSBA competition card for the 2009 season. For information on purchasing your competition card or other member benefits please visit our website or go to www.ijsba.com.
    As promoters of PWC racing events, we feel this is a positive move towards the continued growth of personal watercraft racing in the United States.

For Release 9 a.m. CST, March 31, 2009
    Yo hawk does this surprise you???

interesting

what's going on here

in Oz......the underwriters insurance costs, PLi etc is ridiculously high with APBA http://www.ausapba.com.au/ which uses the UIM rule book

It does not suprise me. I see this as bad for the sport in general though.
    We need the APBA and IJSBA to work together to better the sport and have one set of rules, one sanctioning body etc....
    Just my .02

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by duane View Post
    It does not suprise me. I see this as bad for the sport in general though.
    We need the APBA and IJSBA to work together to better the sport and have one set of rules, one sanctioning body etc....
    Just my .02
    the same thing happened 5 years ago when the APBA and USWRA came about.

essentially peoples ego's are getting in the way of trying to further the sport

Test Pilot and Racer for Hire phoenixcustoms's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Region8Ultra250X View Post
    the same thing happened 5 years ago when the APBA and USWRA came about.

essentially peoples ego's are getting in the way of trying to further the sport
    Well instead of looking at like all hope is lost or ego's are getting in the way why not look at it like this.....I remember when there was the IJSBA and then a whole bunch of outlaw racing. and for the most part the outlaw racing ran by the same rules. There were races all over the friggin place. Lets look at like this if a whole bunch of people are leaving the APBA to do there own thing I really think its going to make the APBA step it up a notch and really make it worth wild to new promoters to get things going.....Its like MX there are a ton of weekend outlaw races all over the place. You can find a race every weekend and within an easy drive usually. So I say lets look at it with a positive note. More independent promoters makes for more racing opportunites. And it will make all the others who have been taking things for granted to step it up a notch or get out of the way while progress is trying to be made. You cant sit on your butt and expect things to get better you have to be pro active in making things better and I think thats what a lot of the promoters are trying to accomplish. I give them a thumbs up for taking things into there own hands to make things better. Maybe this will rub off on others. Just my 2 cents and experience.

Thread Information