Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Would this combo work??

Ok so I have the PPG kit and that got me nowhere but slower top end wise on my ski so If at first you dont succed and more right. I'm thinking of keeping the PPG kit cause there is at least a nice throttle response and sick acceleration just no top end. Now I'm thinking maybe add the vortec supercharger impeller and the RIVA powercooler off their stage 2 kit to get my top speed back. Does this sound like a good combo though? PPG L1 and some RIVA L2. Would the Solas that I got with the L1 kit still be ok with the added power? And the think I wasn't gonna mod this thing at all. Thanx Green Hulk!!!

You didn't post your RPM's but if the kit you are running now pulled them down i'm sure the Riva stuff would help. May put you just right may just need a repitch.

+1
    If you go with the Riva power filter and Vortech sc impeller i would also go with their Solas 15/20. Seems as though people with that kit are getting good results.

My RPM's now are at around 7600-7700 @ 64-65 mph. My thought was to leave the power filter out since I have the PPG fan. Do you think that makes sence or should I just gut the whole system again.

ur only getting 7700 at 65mph with a level 1..what the hell happened..glen swears up and down about those level 1s doin 71-73 with sick acceleration!!!!

+1
    You have someting going on with your ski. No way should you have lost speed and be at that low of RPM's.

Check your wear ring.
    Check your oil level.

To be honest I am 90% sure that it is the pitch on the prop. With a stock prop she runs right out to 7950 no problem. I sent one prop to glen for a repitch and 3 weeks later I was up and running with the exact same results. Tried another prop out of the box and saw a little better results but nothing to write home about. I really can't afford any more downtime this summer so I've given up. There is sick acceleration and great throttle response but no top end. They tried everything in the book on my ski to get her to run fast with the L1 kit and It just wont go past the 7700 mark. So simply put I've given up on that kit for the most part. I thik a repitch would probably fix things but summer up here in NY isn't that long and I'm not going with out my brand new ski for another 3 weeks again so I'm just gonna deal. Even these upgrades wouldn't be done till probably the end of the season. I'm just thinking the extra power will get me back my RPM's and then some hopefully.

+1
    Don't count on it. If you have an underlying problem it needs to be fixed before you are going to regain power.

How old is your wear ring?

The wear ring was brand new when they replaced the prop. I mean with a stock prop it shoots right up to 7950. It just cant seem to get there with the solas on her.

When I say they went over this thing with a fine tooth comb I mean it. The marina spent lots of time on the phone with Glen as well a s Sea Doo going every single part of the ski. Oil is fine They swapped ECU's I mean anything you can think of they pretty much had to have tried and still she wont go past 7700. Honestly I would be happy if the Ski went 68mph at this point but I dont kow what to do to get it there. I figure with a new SC Impeller as well as a new IC there is no way that she can't at least hit 68-70 mph. My guess is that if glen did a repitch on the prop as it is now that she might get some RPM's back but honestly I don't know and don't want to risk the down time to try it out again. Unless of course I bought another impeller to keep me going during the repitch but between upgrades and impellers I dont feel like spending any more money on this thing to get it right.

What kind of numbers do people usually see with the PPG L1 kit before a repitch?

+1
    Oooooh! So yours is the ski Jay was emailing me about some time back.

Man, my best advice to you is buy a new impeller and have it pitched. That way you never have down time. Try and get your RPM's as close to 8100 as possible. 70 will come easily once your pitched correctly.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information