Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 1200r build

1200r build

Just some pics to show you guys what i've been up to,thanks to Hydrotherapy,Osidebill and Corkycat.I've had problems blowing pistons so went back to basics,stripped exhaust and carbs off and pressure tested the engine,got 9psi,no drops after i eventually got it to seal!Now that the engine was air tight,carbs were next!I stripped them down,rebuilt them with mikuni kits,then changed the jets to 125 highs,110 lows,1.5n.s and 95g spring,chokes are removed,accelerator pump is removed and primer to be fitted.I found two adjusters seized solid which i'm hoping would be the cause of seizing so i have replaced all the adjusters with t-handles.I'm putting it on the water tomorrow so hope all goes well as it's the first time i've done this.Thanks for the help.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00329.JPG 
Views:	55 
Size:	338.0 KB 
ID:	124321   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00332.JPG 
Views:	42 
Size:	302.7 KB 
ID:	124322   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00334.JPG 
Views:	42 
Size:	368.2 KB 
ID:	124323   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00331.JPG 
Views:	39 
Size:	184.9 KB 
ID:	124324   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00335.JPG 
Views:	49 
Size:	336.7 KB 
ID:	124325   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00336.JPG 
Views:	36 
Size:	309.3 KB 
ID:	124326  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00337.JPG 
Views:	44 
Size:	332.4 KB 
ID:	124327   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00338.JPG 
Views:	54 
Size:	367.3 KB 
ID:	124328  

+1
    Looking good. If it was my ski I would put odiker clamps on the fuel lines instead of ti-wraps. Also the pulse lines need to be rated for vacuum. use the stock lines if they are in usable shape. Good luck and happy testing.. The stock Yamaha fuel lines are some of the best available.

Thanks for the reply,i will put the original pulse lines back on in the morning,i didn't know they had to be rated.They did look abit worn so thought that tubing would be the same,thanks.

+1
    Also make sure the oil lines are secure.. The pulse lines suck and blow and the softer tygon type lines tend to collapse under vacuum. And we all know what a pita it is to get to the carbs after the exhaust is installed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG2609.JPG 
Views:	50 
Size:	958.6 KB 
ID:	124341  

Yeah,those clamps will definately be going on,looks neat.I'm premix with accel pump removed so instead of capping both,i joined them with the thin blue pipe.Both oil line fitting and fuel fitting go into the top of the carb so it would work the same wouldn't it?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by gaz1 View Post
    Yeah,those clamps will definately be going on,looks neat.I'm premix with accel pump removed so instead of capping both,i joined them with the thin blue pipe.Both oil line fitting and fuel fitting go into the top of the carb so it would work the same wouldn't it?
    Yes that will work or just leave them disconnected it is above the throttle plate. I like to solder them shut.

+1
    As long as you use good zip ties, there's nothing wrong with using them on the fuel lines. Hell, you almost don't even need them because of how tight the lines are on the fittings.

Looks like you're doing a great job - let us know how it works out. I'm in the process of doing a major overhaul too, and have found some real scary crap on my ski.

+1
    this is looking good now

i know you did not want to but starting from bottom up was the only way to ensure all was good and dandy

cant wait to see her back out and running well...

one last question for you again...who now is the only person you trust to work on your baby????

you did real well but i wish you had gone with me last year when we spoke...your there now and should be real proud shes all your work...well done

+1
    Doing a great job! attention to the details is what counts. Have you done the waveeater clips? don't want a valve dropping on you.

yeah you're right Paul,i should've listened,it hasn't been an easy week,there was alot of work involved and some very unhappy faces at home cause i was always in the garage!!I tested it on friday,it feels alot better than it ever did but when i let it idle for a few seconds and give it full throttle,it bogs down,(doesn't die completely)then takes off like a rocket.I have put the stock airbox on for now till i get paid again but Osidebill suggested turning the adj in abit if running that airbox.Hopefully i will be able to get it on the water soon and try it out again but i'll let you guys know how it turns out when i do.Btw,the lows are 1 1/8,highs at 1 1/2.Thanks guys.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information