Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

newbie metal superwasher question

i have an 05 rxp. im thinking it will be a good idea to change the supercharger washers. my question is what is the difference between the 04-05 washer and the 06-07 or 08? I have a set from a machine newer than mine and was thinking of using them to replace mine. also can i get by changing it with normail tools or do i absolutely have to get specific ones? thanks

+1
    send if here:

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=21550

he can do it all for $50. ITs good piece of mind and he will check for any other issues as well. $50 beats $2,000 + for a new engine

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwgsx View Post
    send if here:

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=21550

he can do it all for $50. ITs good piece of mind and he will check for any other issues as well. $50 beats $2,000 + for a new engine
    +1. also the later model washers will not fit the 04-05 shaft. The 06-07 shaft uses 2 diff size inner diameter washers. You may have an 06 shaft though as alot of the 04-05s have been replaced with 06-07 or 08 shafts. If you can post some pics of your sc shaft we can tell you wich one you have.

+1

i doubt the shaft has been changed because i bought it with less than 10 hours on it and nothing had been touched. so now i know i have to get the 04-05 washers and can't use the newer ones i have.

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by braaapf7 View Post
    i doubt the shaft has been changed because i bought it with less than 10 hours on it and nothing had been touched. so now i know i have to get the 04-05 washers and can't use the newer ones i have.
    You might want to consider the 08 kit... as of now... it's the best choice

Well, if you want to buy only the washers, you can only buy the Riva kit for $109. But you can also buy the entire BRP rebuild kit for $298 and replace every moving part in the SC. If you DIY you will need to buy the SC tools and a micro torque wrench... Ron

+1
    How many hours on ski now and where do you ride?? I know it is more money but if you ride in choppy conditions you may want to go with full rebuild. The liklyhood is that your clutch system will have taken a beating. I ride in the sea and my stock charger needs full rebuild after 60 hours!!! Plus the 08 clutch is by far the the best setup we have had so far. Even more so if you are still running the 04-05 setup. R88

Quote Originally Posted by R88ory RXP View Post
    How many hours on ski now and where do you ride?? I know it is more money but if you ride in choppy conditions you may want to go with full rebuild. The liklyhood is that your clutch system will have taken a beating. I ride in the sea and my stock charger needs full rebuild after 60 hours!!! Plus the 08 clutch is by far the the best setup we have had so far. Even more so if you are still running the 04-05 setup. R88
    ski has only 22 hours on it. i ride in fresh water but it does get rough at times but nothing compared to the oceans. i doubt ill ever get that thing to 50+ hours. i just wanted to make sure my supercharger didn't explode because i don't have any warranty and don't want to be doing a motor job.

+1
    ski has only 22 hours on it. i ride in fresh water but it does get rough at times but nothing compared to the oceans. i doubt ill ever get that thing to 50+ hours. i just wanted to make sure my supercharger didn't explode because i don't have any warranty and don't want to be doing a motor job.
    You should just send it to Jerry to inspect and install riva washers. Since you dont put many hours on it I dont see where it would be worth buying the tools to do it yourself.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information