Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Why can't i reach those speeds???

We need to listen to the experienced members of this forum and use that knowledge when tuning our skis but not be so obsessed with chasing someone elses speeds to where the unhappiness takes over the sport we came to love...If you have the same parts as another member it does not guarantee that you will achieve the same (mph) as they but you should have a lot of fun trying to do so and that is what mods and performance is all about in my opinion Work hard on your setup and have fun my friends...Sorry guys,not attacking anyone but i just see so many threads where people seem unhappy with what they achieved and actually they are doing really well...

+1
    James that is 100% correct see it all the time my set is the same but the speeds are not.

Spned time with your ski it will get there.

+1
    Well said.....I can tell you I am using all the info I have read and tried as a guide but that is all going out the window for this year.

I am trying everything I can for myself to see the results. I may end up with the slowest set up possible but I am going to have some fun trying to find that magic combination for MY ski and what I like.

+1
    Hey, I RARELY get the same speeds, from what others get with the same setup due to my weight, altitude and heat.... But it's mine, and I try to learn from it.

Well said James

+1

Thumbs up So true / Good point

Very Very True James. Everybody's ski is different, as well as their location and setup. Concentrate and work hard on your setup and results will follow. Modifications are not always bolt and go.

Here is a good thread
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=16309

Lots of good information in there^

* And you passionate hobbyists, lets all remember to not get frustrated, this is a hobby for many, Just Ride and have Fun!!!

IF YA AINT 1ST YA LAST! LOL!!!!!!! Ambition is gonna be the death of all of us.....

Quote Originally Posted by sleeplessnMS View Post
    IF YA AINT 1ST YA LAST! LOL!!!!!!! Ambition is gonna be the death of all of us.....

Oh hell, Son, I was high that day. That doesn't make any sense at all, you can be second, third, fourth... hell you can even be fifth.

+1
    Pick a tuner,1 tuner,take his advice and go with it.When people bounce all over the place,getting different info here and there,they are in worse shape now than they were before. I get alot of calls all the time from guys that need help,i help them,no problem. I talk to other tuners and they usually get the same calls from the same people that i did. Try and stay with one tuner guys,nothing wrong with looking around,the problem happens when you are talking to several people at once.Simplify things,take notes,do your own testing!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by WATER WOODY View Post
    Pick a tuner,1 tuner,take his advice and go with it.When people bounce all over the place,getting different info here and there,they are in worse shape now than they were before. I get alot of calls all the time from guys that need help,i help them,no problem. I talk to other tuners and they usually get the same calls from the same people that i did. Try and stay with one tuner guys,nothing wrong with looking around,the problem happens when you are talking to several people at once.Simplify things,take notes,do your own testing!
    Great advise Kevin! Take notes, search GH, come up with a plan BEFORE you start buying parts and installing them!!! Save yourself time and money by listening to this advise!!!

You can get 5 different tuners to lead you in 5 different directions. And the funny thing is they all can be right! Only problem is each tuner has a way of doing things and once you start mixing suggestions and ideas without researching the effects of doing one mod and not another complementary mod you may be asking for trouble.

The resources on GH are priceless and I know I must give thanks to everyone here, because without GH my ski would be stock and going to the dealer for service and maintanance.

+1
    i do my research before buying anything. if 5 people respectful tuners say it work then i'll invest my money but if i get mixed replies then i'll do more research.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information