+1

Virginia Beach Spots to Ride

I'm getting married in Sandbridge Virginia which is 10 or 20 miles from Virginia Beach. I'm taking my ski down there to ride for the week and want to know if there are any good spots to ride. I'd like to ride in the ocean cause I never get anything but mild chop. Let me know if you guys know of where to launch or any other fun things to do down there. Thanks in advance!

VA Beach riding...

I just moved away form VA Beach after living there for about 6 years. If you want ocean riding and as close to Sandbridge as possible, then you'll want to put in at Rudy's Inlet. Just take General Booth Blvd north toward the VA Beach beachfront. Just past the Marine Science Museum, there's a ramp on the left. you should see quite a few boats and trailers there. It's very popular for fisherman. It's not real close to Sandbridge, but not too bad. The funny thing is how close to the ocean you are at Sandbridge, but because there's no where to put into the ocean there and the military bases north of there, you have to go all the way up to VA Beach.

You can do a lot of riding in Backbay though. I always put in on base, so I'm not sure where all the ramps are for Backbay, but there's a number of them on the west side of the bay. I'd have a GPS with you. It's not real hard to navigate, but I've been out with some people that have gotten disoriented in all the little islands there.

+1
    Thanks! I'm looking for to doing something besides river riding.

Thread Information