Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Comparable parts?

I am looking to replace my '96 SLT 780's electrical box I will of course need all the components and was wondering if I can just pull it from my '95 SLT 750 and wham have one complete working skis instead of 2 broken skis. If anyone knows if this is possible let me know. Other wise I am looking for a used part in the Arizona area if anyone knows where I can find a reliable one.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome to the Hulk

Click here for Polaris Service Manuals, Parts Manuals, and a link to the Polaris parts cross reference web site.

I don't know the Fuji engined Polaris as well as some of the other good guys around here, so you may get a more specific answer as to whether the suggested electrical box swap will work.

+1
    Welcome to Green Hulk.
    Why do you need to replace the electrical box? There are individual replaceable parts inside,shouldn't need an entire box unless yours is missing.

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome to the Hulk.

Most of the elec box will swap out directly. There are some parts that will be slightly different. But you can install the 780 parts into the 750 box to keep it the same.

the box was completely rusted out. I don't know if any of the parts can be saved from it.

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    If that's the case, try looking for another 780 elec box.

rhislo was parting out a SLT 780.

Cubsfan I think had a 780 he was parting out.

John Zigler is a guy I trust very much for good used pats.

And you can try Beachblonde for one as well.

I'd try them first

I swapped out the box and everything is working well as far as that goes. My next problem is the trim, I need to know how it works, so I can adjust it. Now that my box is working my display is working as well which had been a concern. But I don't know how to adjust the trim when it's in the water. The front end keeps coming up, and it's going super slowwww. Thanks for all the info so far guys it's been a huge help.

+1

How to synchronize MFD trim display with the actual trim nozzle position

Quote Originally Posted by RottenBoy View Post
    ...next problem is the trim, I need to know how it works, so I can adjust it.

Now that my box is working my display is working as well...

But I don't know how to adjust the trim when it's in the water. The front end keeps coming up, and it's going super slowwww...
    The trim is electric, and is controlled by the up and down trim buttons on the handlebars.

When the engine is running, pressing the buttons should cause the trim nozzle on the jet pump to swivel up or down.

On land, if you hold the bilge button (if you have one), then you can work the trim without running the engine.

To get the MFD trim position display, and the actual trim nozzle, to synchronize, hold the up trim button until you hear the trim motor click several times. Then hold the down button until it again clicks several times. Now the trim nozzle position and the display should agree.

+1
    I swapped out the box and everything is working well as far as that goes. My next problem is the trim, I need to know how it works, so I can adjust it. Now that my box is working my display is working as well which had been a concern. But I don't know how to adjust the trim when it's in the water. The front end keeps coming up, and it's going super slowwww. Thanks for all the info so far guys it's been a huge help.

According to your first post,you have a SLT. The SLT's do not have trim,even if it did,it would not make it slow.
    Sounds as if your craft is not running well.Check for spark on all 3 cylinders,check compression all 3 cyl"s. Let us know your results.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by casey67 View Post
    According to your first post, you have a SLT. The SLT's do not have trim, even if it did, it would not make it slow.
    Sounds as if your craft is not running well. Check for spark on all 3 cylinders, check compression all 3 cyl"s. Let us know your results.
    ...The front end keeps coming up, and it's going super slowwww.
    What engine RPM are you getting at wide open throttle?

It is beginning to sound like you are way down on power, and the hull is not getting up onto plane properly.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information