Ride plate set up

Help, I am trying to get the best set up for a Riva ride plate. Is the ride plate to fit slightly above or flush with the pump shoe? I have a noticable gap between the ride plate and the shoe, what should I do or is this a problem. What are some steps to get me going in the right direction for best overall speed and control. this is what I have so far.
    THE FIRST PICTURE IS THE GAP ISSUE. WHAT DO I NEED TO DO, SEALANT?

THE SECOND IS SHOWING THAT THE RIDE PLATE IS SLIGHTLY RECESSED AGAINST THE HULL WHERE IT MEETS THE HULL, ALMOST FLUSH WITH THE SHOE. USED SS WASHERS TO GET IT ALLMOST FLUSH.

THE THIRD IS SHOWING THE ANGEL OF THE PLATE. THE 4' LEVEL IS RESTING ON THE BOTTOM OF THE HULL IN FRONT OF THE INTAKE GRATE AND YOU CAN SEE THE UPWARD ANGEL OF THE BACK OF THE RIDE PLATE.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG0592.JPG 
Views:	81 
Size:	3.62 MB 
ID:	124665   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG0593.JPG 
Views:	74 
Size:	3.86 MB 
ID:	124666   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG0595.JPG 
Views:	69 
Size:	3.68 MB 
ID:	124671  

+1
    Hi, I responded to your question in the other thread (it is best to only ask a question once otherwise things get a little messed up)

here is my answer

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...t=77827&page=2

I wasn't able to post the pictures for some reason, so I thought I would post a new thread and see if the pics whould show and they did. Does this set up look right??? Thanks....

You will have to get that plate worked over to get the gap out. There should be a step from the shoe to the plate of say .070-.100 and no gap at all. Machining will have to be done for that to happen. Even with a full spec plate there are still hours of grinding and fittin but thats where the speed is.

Quote Originally Posted by sleeplessnMS View Post
    You will have to get that plate worked over to get the gap out. There should be a step from the shoe to the plate of say .070-.100 and no gap at all. Machining will have to be done for that to happen. Even with a full spec plate there are still hours of grinding and fittin but thats where the speed is.
    That's too much step, you want .020-.030. You can close the gap a bit by elongating the mounting holes in the plate so as it will slide forward a bit. If you want the ultimate in speed, get a plate from Jim or Island Racing. Read Philips post on getting it angled correctly, lot of speed to be gained there. You will need to grind the pump for clearance.

I appreciate all the instructions guys. I will start grinding tomorrow.

That's too much step, you want .020-.030.

THATS IT!!!!!! Voododo just bought hisself a race at MBV!!!!! We gonna measure our step after the race........

You can close the gap a bit by elongating the mounting holes in the plate so as it will slide forward a bit
    Ya will have to grind the front of the plate aswell to slide forward . Just picture what has to be done and ROLL with it.....

http://greenhulk.net/forums/attachme...9&d=1225780826

read the measurements on the steps. the wings are the most important. the center of the plate and shoe measurements will vary but makes no difference. just focus on the wings and gap. ZERO gap and .035 wings go for it..... OH angle aswell.

Thread Information