Thread: Green Hulk

Green Hulk

Green Hulk,
    First time posting on your site. Great information here, nice job! I would like to get your opinion regarding some mods for a 05 RXP. Is there a way I can contact you so your opinion is not published? I noticed sometimes opinions are cited (usually out of context) on other boards during a flaming string. I don't want this to happen. This has to do with Riva and PPG, both great companies.
    Thanks,
    Steve

+1
    This isn't your typical forum. This is an open forum where we can talk about any mod, or any company without fear of censorship. Feel free to talk about it here, or feel free to hit me up on PM or email.

Good to know about this site. My RXP is stock except for opas block offs. So far my best GPS is 68.6 mph at 85deg oat, almost flat water. I think it will do 69 in perfect conditions. I was thinking of buying Riva's level 2 kit, but was wondering if I should substitute any single component with another manufacturer's or if the RIVA stage 2 kit is designed to work together as a kit and is the best of the best. For example do you think the PPG prepared prop would be a better choice? In-other-words, do you think I would be better off spending $2800 in parts from several companies as opposed to the Riva's level 2 kit? I was thinking of using the PPG intake, but I keep seeing mixed reviews on PPG's level I kit. For the most part they are positive, but every now and then someone installs the kit and doesn't get the advertised results. In one case a person is trying to get back to stock speeds.

Lastly how tough is the Riva level 2 install?

I plan to do the mods this winter so I have time. Too much fun riding now to have downtime.

Thanks.

people are seeing really good results with an out of the box solas 15/20(i think thats the correct picth), riva power cooler, and rear exhaust. i dont know how well mix matching parts would go. rotax is designed to work with rotax and riva is designed to work with riva..both are good stuff though...i would love to see a riva stage 2 race against an equivelant rotax setup. welcome to the boards.

+1
    A common problem with any kit is the end user obtaining the advertised speeds with it. I think if you are looking hard at the Riva kit you should keep to the entire kit. Every component in that kit seems to work together. So far i think people have been getting good results with the Riva kit. The only thing I would add to the Riva kit would be a Rotax Racing ECU. This could be added on later down the road.

I personally run the Rotax Racing items that PPG sells. I too have obtained great results with my parts, but I find there is alot more trial and error, playing with prop pitches, etc. Thats what makes it fun for me though.

Since you don't plan to mod until the winter my advice is to keep a watchful eye on both products and see what kind of results the buyers of those kits are getting.

Thanks Green Hulk and mxl. I'll be watching the boards for results. It's amazing the variations in results with mods, and even stock RXPs for that matter.

I did see Dino tests results posted on the Riva site for the level 2 kit, by component. They were impressive, especially when the IC was added. If the properly installed kit makes a stock 68mph ski run 75mph as advertised I would be very happy. Seems like a nice gain for the money, not that it's cheap.

+1
    Don't forget that the Rotax Racing parts are also available from Mark Underwood in Canada. He is the most knowledgeable person around when it comes to the 4-tec engine. I believe he has better prices for the parts.

Richard

Thread Information