ski not starting

just now tackled the task of getting my 1999 xl1200 ltd. up to par to run this year. got it a year and a half ago and due to personal issues was unable to run it. I know I need fresh gas in it due to it sitting. I changed the 3 plugs and replaced the battery. figured what the hell try to get the engine to turn over. put the fuel to ON on the side and went to give it a turn. nice power behind the starter it seemed but wouldn't turn over for nothing. any ideas where to start? I need to get the owners manual if anyone has a copy laying around. I am just now getting into skis and need to know how to flush this one after use in the gulf so the salt water doesn't eat it up. thanks in advance.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mcewen View Post
    just now tackled the task of getting my 1999 xl1200 ltd. up to par to run this year. got it a year and a half ago and due to personal issues was unable to run it. I know I need fresh gas in it due to it sitting. I changed the 3 plugs and replaced the battery. figured what the hell try to get the engine to turn over. put the fuel to ON on the side and went to give it a turn. nice power behind the starter it seemed but wouldn't turn over for nothing. any ideas where to start? I need to get the owners manual if anyone has a copy laying around. I am just now getting into skis and need to know how to flush this one after use in the gulf so the salt water doesn't eat it up. thanks in advance.
    welcome to the forum

the Search button is your best resource, as is the How to do and FAQ section

You should start with some fresh fuel, and prime the carbs to see if it will start. Sitting that long, the carbs may need to be gone through.

ok cool deal thanks . i will look for info on how to do this. i see that it is about 70 dollars in labor if i take it in. i appreciate the welcome

Thread Information