Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Show me your fuel filters

I want to see just what everyone is running for these. I have access at work to well over a dozen types, and want to see if any of you are running what I have available to me.

I have been using the stock Yammi, but will be switching over to another style as soon as I decide what carb and just how many carbs I will be running. Space from there will dictate which I use.

TIA

+1
    Stocks on the Blaster....

I'm running the filters from that Fuelbiz.com site...although I maybe switching these out...

Here come the smokers! OBXJeepGuy's Avatar
    Mike, that would be www.fuellines.biz The only place I have found clear fuel lines!

+1
    Yup...I have their line, both fuel and cooling and bought their fuel filters. Mine is not like the one listed...and I bought 4 of them. I likely will pull these off and go a different route only because the barb is almost non-there and I notice once the tank builds up some pressure...I think there is some seapage by the line/filter connection.

Lastly...the line seems good but very firm and It's not that I don't like it...but it does not have elasticity as the stock OEM stuff does and I wonder if that will be an issue.....

M

+1
    Those are some cheapo little filters for sure. I won't even carry them at work.

The ones I may use have a filter body about 3" long, clear, and has a element about 2 1/2" long inside. Also has a very good barb on it, so the hose stays put.

It cost more than those cheapies, but you get what you pay for in this case. I will try and get some pics of them all if anyone would like some.

For fuel line I use the Tygon we have. Real flexible and lasts a good long time even with race fuel.

+1
    This is the type of filter I sell the most of and may use.

Lets see if this works.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fuel filter.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	14.6 KB 
ID:	124846  

+1
    I just picked up something like that from Mr Gasket....it has replaceable filters etc....I'm ditching these filters....I don't likem!

M

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mpeavler View Post
    I just picked up something like that from Mr Gasket....it has replaceable filters etc....I'm ditching these filters....I don't likem!

M
    Metal ends with a clear glass tube? I have one like that on my commercial walk behind mower for the last 8 years. Before that it was on my 73 Charger. Bought the filter back around 1985 and still use it today.

I am not sure about using that glass tube in the hull. One good whack and glass and gas are all over.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by NJJer View Post
    Metal ends with a clear glass tube? I have one like that on my commercial walk behind mower for the last 8 years. Before that it was on my 73 Charger. Bought the filter back around 1985 and still use it today.

I am not sure about using that glass tube in the hull. One good whack and glass and gas are all over.

Yup...that's the one...I am going to put some foam around it....I think it will be fine...if not read about me on the news "wink"

M

+1
    Don't be blowing yourself up.

I had a buddy who never removed the hood off of his stand up. One day he had a small fuel leak in a line......never knew it.

Hit the starter button while on shore......KA BOOM! Saw him land 15' back from where he was standing. Hole big enough to remove the engine thru on the one side of the hull.

If you want to try some of those filters I have, like above, let me know and I can send you two.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information