Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

SHO vs. RXP 215 vs. 15f (RPM KIT)

I have a friend who recently bought an SHO last year and I am truly jealous of it. I have a 12f and its got nothing on him. I am looking to upgrade to something that will beat him and I have decided on either the RXP 215 or the 15f. I think I could beat him with a stock RXP, but I think for the 15f I would need to put in an RPM kit. Is it safe to say that both the RXP 215 stock and the 15f with RPM kit could beat the SHO. I am posting this in SeaDoo forum because I think the RXP is my best bet and if I posted it in the Yamaha forum, they would probably all be biased toward the SHO. Please let me know what you guys think because I want to surprise him for the upcoming season.

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matrixman16 View Post
    I have a friend who recently bought an SHO last year and I am truly jealous of it. I have a 12f and its got nothing on him. I am looking to upgrade to something that will beat him and I have decided on either the RXP 215 or the 15f. I think I could beat him with a stock RXP, but I think for the 15f I would need to put in an RPM kit. Is it safe to say that both the RXP 215 stock and the 15f with RPM kit could beat the SHO. I am posting this in SeaDoo forum because I think the RXP is my best bet and if I posted it in the Yamaha forum, they would probably all be biased toward the SHO. Please let me know what you guys think because I want to surprise him for the upcoming season.
    One thing to add to your thinking is that the RXP has a great deal of upgrade ability at relatively low cost. You can get a x charger and 42lb injectors for under $1000 and and they are a proven plug and play mod. Kanoflex air mod is under $150 with filter and adapter. Aftermarket intercoolers with plumbing are under $300. Add a $250 prop with tuning and you can be knocking on 80's door. Neither the SHO or 15f offer that kind of speed economy(the 15f needs a turbo or a 250X motor to make big power)

+1
    The SHO isn't in this comparison, but the 215 RXP and the newer FZR is,
    and I think you'll get the idea...

While I would love to be able to put all those mods on an RXP, I in no way have the money right now(Thank You Recession). That video in Yo Yamma's post was very informative. Since the RXP 215 beat the FZR then it should no doubt beat the SHO correct?

+1
    While I would love to be able to put all those mods on an RXP, I in no way have the money right now(Thank You Recession). That video in Yo Yamma's post was very informative. Since the RXP 215 beat the FZR then it should no doubt beat the SHO correct?
    If you don't want to mod or can't afford to mod, the the P-X should be what your looking at. Comes modded from the factory! I've seen leftover 08s for about 10K. Hope that helps!

Ed

An 09 SHO is not faster than my 07 RXT (both stock). Acceleration and top speed are pretty much identical between the two.

I think an RXP will beat an SHO with ease as they are a bit faster then and RXT.

The 15F might be the quickest NA ski out there but I think it would be no match for either the SHO or RXP.

+1
    My friend has an SHO and we are almost dead even at take off, but I always pull him after a short bit. (tho he claimed it was because his was still under 10 hrs and that I had a intake and intake grate). Id go with the RXP-X personally, slap on a new intake grate you will be set.

Thanks for all that. No matter how much I would love to own an RXP-X I don't think it is reasonable right now. RXP 215 is definitely do-able for about 4-5k cheaper. I may not beat the SHO on an RXP, but I sure as hell will come close and not to mention that his SHO has about 5k on an RXP.

+1
    You really need to ask yourself how much flat water you'll be on. The RXP's really shine on flat water, but it's strength is also it's weakness. I can't believe how much they bounce around in a very mild lake chop. So these top speeds you hear about really only apply on pristine water conditions. Otherwise the SHO, Ultra, RXT will beat it very easily.

I had a 15f with the RPM kit on it. It was a great ski. It was nimble, fun to jump, stone reliable (160+ trouble free hrs), had good acceleration and respectable top speeds vs the factory SC boats. However the 15f would come unhooked very easily in mild lake chop and bounce around thus losing speed. I added a grate and then lost 2-3 mph on flat. My thinking is the SHO will still eat you up in any condition other than dead flat water. My Ultra (stock) would just run away from the 15f in the mildest of chop.

IMO, the RXT-X is the most versatile out of the box ski out there. You get a boat that has the acceleration to get you out front on holeshot, has the top end to keep you there, and the length of hull that can handle less than perfect water.

If he is going to ride in chop then an RXT is probably a better choice. It is cheaper then the SHO and same in terms of speed and acceleration. Plus heaps of aftermarket parts for them.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information