Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Rd powershot

Rd powershot

Anyone get one yet and if so did u notice a diff?

Some have been shipped just recently. I have mine installed but have not had a chance to get on the water yet. I was busy completing another project.

+1
    SHOBiz, like the intercooler setup. Is that the XS type 20 like R3killa's setup? Were you able to keep your reverse functionality?

It's a type 19 straight flow. I was able to keep reverse just barely. I had to bend the bracket around to try to find a sweet spot. I finally found a semi sweet one and will probably have to tweak it some more to try to make sure it does not cause the cable to fail prematurely. I don't have to have reverse, but it sure makes getting to the dock a lot easier.

I have a thermocouple at the top of the I/C and at the intake. So, after I get some numbers recorded I am going to add the RD cooling kit and record those numbers so we can see real facts on how well it (cooling kit) works. Not that I don't think it does, just like numbers to show for it.

It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SHOBiz View Post
    It's a type 19 straight flow. I was able to keep reverse just barely. I had to bend the bracket around to try to find a sweet spot. I finally found a semi sweet one and will probably have to tweak it some more to try to make sure it does not cause the cable to fail prematurely. I don't have to have reverse, but it sure makes getting to the dock a lot easier.

I have a thermocouple at the top of the I/C and at the intake. So, after I get some numbers recorded I am going to add the RD cooling kit and record those numbers so we can see real facts on how well it (cooling kit) works. Not that I don't think it does, just like numbers to show for it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SHOBiz View Post

Did you consider shortening then stock pipe that goes from the throttle body to the IC outlet to move your XS futher down into the hull and away from the reverse assembly?

Quote Originally Posted by hitman View Post
    Did you consider shortening then stock pipe that goes from the throttle body to the IC outlet to move your XS futher down into the hull and away from the reverse assembly?
    At the time I didn't. I may get a silicon hose to replace that entire section, but I would need to tap another hole in the intake for the temp sensor currently in that metal pipe.
    Heck, if you wouldn't loose any pressure I would love to see the IC in the front bucket.

+1
    What is that contraption coming off your fuel rail? Fuel pressure regulator?

Quote Originally Posted by hitman View Post
    What is that contraption coming off your fuel rail? Fuel pressure regulator?
    Just a sensor. I typically read 60.1 to 60.3 PSI

+1
    Why would you loose pressure? If you don't have any leaks it should not matter where it is at. I know on alot of the Supra's they add several feet of piping when installing one.

Matt

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information