Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Just saying Hello

Im new to the site, and new to jet ski's.... just picked my first one up last september for free.... actually my gf's brother bought a house and the ski came with it...lol... he's not into it so we needed a new bed so i traded him my queen for the hx...lol...funny i know.... anyways, the only thing it needed was a bit of tlc and a new battery.... it was a bit oxidized from sitting in the sun uncovered for the summer...Bought som meguirs gelcoat restorer polish and wax...hope that does the trick...it was a bit tricky to ride at first being that i never been on a jet ski period!!!!! but im getting better.lol... doing a few mods to it before summer hits..(umi steering, intake grate, ride plate, etc... heres some pics...let me know what you think... not bad for free huh?.. love the sight so far.... oh, stupid question, but what do i have to do for title transfer(have title)... and getting plates for the trailer? dont have anything paperwork wise for that...do have the old plates though if that helps....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_1718.JPG 
Views:	39 
Size:	1.62 MB 
ID:	124899   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_1719.JPG 
Views:	45 
Size:	1.95 MB 
ID:	124900   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_1721.JPG 
Views:	38 
Size:	2.04 MB 
ID:	124901   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_1724.JPG 
Views:	44 
Size:	2.19 MB 
ID:	124902  

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    Go to the DNR (Department of Natural Resource)page and go to the water craft section.You have to fill out the registration form and there is another form called RUT-75 pay the fees and then they send you a new title and registration

Quote Originally Posted by jspec25 View Post
    Im new to the site, and new to jet ski's.... just picked my first one up last september for free.... actually my gf's brother bought a house and the ski came with it...lol... he's not into it so we needed a new bed so i traded him my queen for the hx...lol...funny i know.... anyways, the only thing it needed was a bit of tlc and a new battery.... it was a bit oxidized from sitting in the sun uncovered for the summer...Bought som meguirs gelcoat restorer polish and wax...hope that does the trick...it was a bit tricky to ride at first being that i never been on a jet ski period!!!!! but im getting better.lol... doing a few mods to it before summer hits..(umi steering, intake grate, ride plate, etc... heres some pics...let me know what you think... not bad for free huh?.. love the sight so far.... oh, stupid question, but what do i have to do for title transfer(have title)... and getting plates for the trailer? dont have anything paperwork wise for that...do have the old plates though if that helps....
    Color Restore for Marine Fiberglass is the stuff you want to buff it out with. You can pick it up at walmart for about 5 bucks a bottle. I tried the Meguirs and it isn't abrasive enough.

+1
    Congrats on the new ski! Looks like you got the good end of the deal. Who needs a bed anyways. From the looks of it, you're missing a trailer jack. You can pick one up here: http://www.overtons.com/modperl/prod...ID=1009&r=view

for pretty cheap, and they help move the thing around in the drive and what not. Good lookin ski.

I use the 3M cleaner polish from west marine (you can sometimes get it at walmart). Its GREAT!!! one coat will clean up the white, and sometimes 2 on the color. Does a great job.

Welcome once again!

Ski looks great man, if you have any probs getting that oxidation out give this stuff a try. It worked fantastic for me when I was restoring my XP. I picked up a cheapo orbital buffer and gave it hell. All the oxidation came off perfectly.

http://www.meguiarsdirect.com/detail/MEG+GLAZE+16

The ski looked like brand new after that and a little polish : )

+1
    I noticed your in Illinois...where ya from?

lasalle/peru area.. thanks for the help guys..... as for the trailer...i found a guy in indiana thats is selling a 95xp and whats to trade his doulbe for my single.... asking 1200 with the trade....said it has a new wear ring but the vts is shot.... heres some pics....tell me what ya'll think...it would be a nice ski for the girlfreind....she cant ride mine, falls off all the time....lol
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IM000842.JPG 
Views:	34 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	124963   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IM000882.JPG 
Views:	40 
Size:	1.59 MB 
ID:	124964   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IM000888.JPG 
Views:	36 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	124965  

+1
    the 95 is better when it comes to boarding but not much. I think she can handle it. just takes a little practice. just as fast as the HX. VTS's are cheap ...i'd jump on it. shes in good shape too!

BTW jump on the Hey Danny thread in the General Discussion...thats where most of the Illinois rider hang out. Its just a general BS thread but you can get to know some of your neighbors or meet up to ride

+1
    welcome to the forum !

welcome. nice hx. it and xp would look good on the double together.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information