Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thinking about GPRXP (pricing it out)

So I am pricing this thing out to the best of my ability. I attached the rough spread sheet of my calculations. I am thinking I can get from my current point to GPRXP for about 2000 dollars in the end if I shop around a lot for the RXP and don't go for a Riva intercooler. What do ya'll think? I am looking to just do a basic setup. I am sure I am missing stuff since I am new to this.

Oh BTW, thanks Jerry for posting up that list of stuff need for the GPRXP conversion!
    Attached Files Attached Files

+1
    don't bother with the riva IC buy the XS
    make sure you buy a complete, running, no issue RXP so you don't end up chasing parts like some others on here have
    I couldn't get you attachment to open but the problem was probably on my end

+1
    You are close. Whatever you do find a running RXP and ride it to be sure EVERYTHING is ok with the motor and electronics. Taking the RXP apart makes it much easier to see what needs to happen when you put it in the GPR.

After seeing others go through the issue of a RXP motor not working I am definitely going the running RXP route. I plan to purchase a RXP mid summer and riding it for a couple weeks before the conversion.

Thanks for the tips guys! Keep them coming!

Question,

the XS intercooler kit comes with pipes for the hook up. Will these work on GPRXP? I was thinking about going the ebay airtowater intercooler route, but I am not sure how many other people have done that.

Greenhulk Grasshopah (DRC) HallPass's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisrokc View Post
    After seeing others go through the issue of a RXP motor not working I am definitely going the running RXP route. I plan to purchase a RXP mid summer and riding it for a couple weeks before the conversion.

Thanks for the tips guys! Keep them coming!

Question,

the XS intercooler kit comes with pipes for the hook up. Will these work on GPRXP? I was thinking about going the ebay airtowater intercooler route, but I am not sure how many other people have done that.
    talk to me dude!

cheatin' piston popper addicted's Avatar
    +1
    Looks about right, assuming you have all the gpr basics covered. plate grate tunnel, ect.

If you buy a complete rxp, witch I highly recommened, you should be able to sell off around 2k worth of parts. maybe more, maybe less.

Bump your misc up to $500 or so. hoses, clamps, fittings, shipping costs, ect. all that small stuff adds up quick.

also add another $200 for a catch can & prop pitching.

I'm sure there's more, but that's all I can think of for now.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    when i forecast a project build cost... i always budget it around the worst case scenario...

in my humble opinion, it seems your spreadsheet is very biased to you, hehe... can't blame ya... meaning it seems you have the residual value of the leftover RXP stuff up there and the resale of your motor and EFI... how easily do u think u will swing getting 3 grand for your 1300 motor and eletronics? ...what from the RXP is left in the end... an empty hull with a pump (if u dont ever planning on using a seadoo pump on the conversion) ... so your estimates for resale of parts are what you want for them and a typical resale economy...

and buying a complete running rxp for 4500... sure they are out there... either in crappy condiion so now your residual value of the leftover rxp components will drop bc u have a bag of shit faded hull, or you bought an 04 with high hours with crappy original valves and crappy flywheel bolts and outdated 4-tec technology and you'll be opening the motor to put the better stuff in, or maybe u wont and u'll gamble and then when the flywheel botls DO sheer or the valves potentially drop you'll undertake that expense when you encounter it.

plus also finding a 4-tec for 4500-ish that is from someone credible that truthfully never blew the ceramic supercharger clutches and hoping you dont have worn out oil pumps.

not a scare tactic at all! just good planning... always plan for the worst... seems more often than not we're dealt a shitty hand of cards in life, so why not plan on getting those shitty cards in advance?

+1
    I agree with mike (addicted) and shibby. I am in the process of building one and the unforseen costs are the worst. 500$ for misc is more like it. Plus I still have a bunch of parts I planned on sellling that havent gone yet. Also the price of RXPs has jumped since March if you look on ebay and in any classifieds. I'm hoping when mine is done in a week it will all be worth it

+1
    I would buy a Running ski also IMO after the hassels I have had.

With a stock set up and no work to the GPR hull I believe you are close, but I would add a bit more for MISC.

Alright 500 for misc!

Yea I think I can get that much for my EFI setup, maybe just a tad less. Should be running in the 79mph 80mph by late May. Ran high 70's last season without much tuning on the hull and some funky efi settings.

My EFI setup would include.

Less than 30-40 hours on the motor
    Stock EFI system with Riva Controller
    1390 Ben Herman Setup with Trued/Welded OEM Rods, VF3s, Hotrods Rods, ect.. all the best
    Exhaust, ect..

Also that is a very conservative setup 145psi, no keyway, ect.. I have been told a few more things and it could be an every day 80mph ski.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information