+1

Ultra 150 intermittent crank

We just picked-up this 99 Ultra 150. Been sitting about a year. Changed the fuel, new plugs, charged the battery. Went to crank it up and nothing from the start button. Could hear a faint "click" coming from what looks like a module under the steering. Kept hitting the starts button over and over while wiggling the wiring, and she finally ingaged the starter. I dont think the wiggle test did it, because it wasnt very consistant. Started a few times again, but just not everytime you hit the start button. I am afraid we are going to get stuck somewhere.

Anything common i should look for?

The start switches are known to be problematic, but they can be disassembled and cleaned. Also check the ground connection to the engine. Last but not least have a look inside the rear electrical box that is where the starter relay is. Otherwise just check all the connections to the harness.

I have seen what you do with the gpr's it will be interesting to see what you get out of the ultra.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by btldigger View Post
    The start switches are known to be problematic, but they can be disassembled and cleaned. Also check the ground connection to the engine. Last but not least have a look inside the rear electrical box that is where the starter relay is. Otherwise just check all the connections to the harness.

I have seen what you do with the gpr's it will be interesting to see what you get out of the ultra.
    Thanks!

I will start at the switch and work my way back.

This one was GPSd at 68+. I doubt we will do much more to it, but you know how that goes

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by WFO View Post

This one was GPSd at 68+. I doubt we will do much more to it, but you know how that goes

That's not what we need to hear. I was thinking more like "It's going to have NOS, pipes, porting and 48's"

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by thesepaperwings View Post
    That's not what we need to hear. I was thinking more like "It's going to have NOS, pipes, porting and 48's"

we will see... I dont know about this hull... kinda squirrely at high speed

It has some chopped up intake grate on it now, and I heard these things like to swap ends

Lol it can get squirrely I got the t-shirt to prove it, best bet is to give bob morgan a call at shredmaster and get a rideplate. Sponsons help alot too. The grate may be a mod stock, take a look at the mods thread in my sig there is pics and a how to on one. The ultra works like the gpr when it comes to plate angle. If you jack the back of it up you might have to do some grinding to get clearance for the nozel pivot bolt.

+1
    The fastest grate so far is a modded stock one but if you need any hook up then get the R&D and mod it.

Thread Information