Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

Viberation from hell.. 07 stx-15f

Went out yesterday for the first time this year.. Running down the lake when all of a sudden the ski got to shaking and cavatating real bad. I got the ski back to the ramp and on the trailer and checked ... there is nothing in the intake , nothing in the impeller.. Anybody have any ideas?? I'm lost as to what it could be ... engine starts fine, take the revs up around 2500 to 3000 and it shakes to beat hell.
    Thinking something has gone wrong in the pump. Don;'t see any bends or dings in the impeller.

pump bearing? or something caught between the impeller and veins of the pump. this happened to my buddy, somehow a bic lighter got lodged between the veins and impeller. good luck

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jtskir15f View Post
    pump bearing? or something caught between the impeller and veins of the pump. this happened to my buddy, somehow a bic lighter got lodged between the veins and impeller. good luck
    thanks Jtskir.. i have looked it over as well as i can with out taking it all apart , Found nothing stuck up in there . Just wondering if i should go back stock or upgrade it??

Quote Originally Posted by STX-15FER View Post
    thanks Jtskir.. i have looked it over as well as i can with out taking it all apart , Found nothing stuck up in there . Just wondering if i should go back stock or upgrade it??
    You mean bone stock or are you referring to a modified intake grate?

I might pull the entire pump apart, really check your impeller blades to make sure their not bent, possible even sent it to impros to be blueprinted and checked out.

How many hours are on the boat? At 100 it calls for a pump rebuild. umm, ohh it makes me wonder if your running a different impeller when the pump was reinstalled if the pump isn't seated in the pump shoe straight? IDK just throwing out ideas to try and help.

last time that happened to me I towed my boat in put it on the trailer , could,t find squat? pulled the pump down and saw a tiny creasote burn in the liner . a twig had hung up and cleared upon towing it was fine the next ride

I've had that happen to me multiple times, luckily no damage to the wear ring.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jtskir15f View Post
    You mean bone stock or are you referring to a modified intake grate?

I might pull the entire pump apart, really check your impeller blades to make sure their not bent, possible even sent it to impros to be blueprinted and checked out.

How many hours are on the boat? At 100 it calls for a pump rebuild. umm, ohh it makes me wonder if your running a different impeller when the pump was reinstalled if the pump isn't seated in the pump shoe straight? IDK just throwing out ideas to try and help.
    Well pulled the ride plate off, pulled the pump down and inspected it. Found nothing wrong with the pump , found a.... what appears to be some discoloration on one of the blades on the impeller at the base of one of the blade. Found nothing that would make me believe it has hit anything. The pump looks great... the impeller looks as good as it did when i bought the thing. Nothing seized.. no marks on anything The big rubber seal in the pump is good.
    I have 23 hrs on it. The impeller has to be stock .. i haven't done anything to it. The bolts on the pump looked like a wrench as never been on it. What is impros info .. i think i'm going to send it over there and have then check it out. Wondering if there is a crack thats not showing up to the naked eye. Checked around my area and ask about magnafluxing. Dude looked at me like i had a 3rd eye lol. Guess i'm at a loss right now...

At 100 it calls for a pump rebuild.
    What is "it" exactly?

I've got the 15F manual and all it says for that area at 100 hours is to look at the impeller after you removed it for visual damage and smooth out pits etc.

RT

Quote Originally Posted by STX-15FER View Post
    Went out yesterday for the first time this year.. Running down the lake when all of a sudden the ski got to shaking and cavatating real bad.
    Maybe its your engine mounts? i don't really know, just throwin that out there.

+1
    Well put it all back together after finding notta a darn thing ... ran perfect.. guess what ever was in there came out ... . thanks eveybody for all the help .. learned alot more about this ski..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information