+1

The ISR LM-JS600 build

Over 19 years of skiing, ive infected a few people with the "need a jet ski" fix ... and a few weekends ago, another. Having said that, it was never my intent, and i had always wanted to take Nick out for a ski as were from roadbike stunting / racing backround ... thought it would be a new exp for him.

Gave him some pointers on standups ... he takes off kneeling and about a hundred feet later stands up and skii's on !. Fish to water. About 30 mins later the topic of debate was "how much .... " and so on . I had a hull in my backyard, meaning against the fence, a rear exhaust 440 in very good but neglected condition. Its been ridden by someone who has never jumped it at all ... its not braced and its not got a single spider web crack in it.

Long story short, Nick has the hull, and now were throwing in a 650 X2 motor ill build up fresh for him.

We have quite a bit of work to do, but plan on doing it once and be done with it. So far we have cut and shut the fire ext tube out, and will be chopping in custom footwells, along with a wedge lip at the back.

The ski didnt have a pump, so we tracked one down for 50bux, along with a PJS plate, and a engine pan that has without a lie, couple small spots of rust !. For the age of it ... im amazed how nice the pan is in original paint.

Shall add some more pix and stuf as we go

+1
    where will you rig the FE if you closed up the tube. We cant ride here without one.

+1
    We dont use FE's in Aus ... wasted space, ive met in almost 2 decades of riding skis, two people who had FE's and one was impored (650sx) from USA and it had one in it to begin with.

I shall make a dry tube in the hood tho, for a 13/16 spanner, plugs, 10mm, phillips etc etc. I guess for you guys that like being legit, that would work too .

+1
    i think it is silly to have a FE in a ski, but hey, tort lawyers are everywhere. I do however not want a $200 ticket everytime I go out if I do not have it

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by seaobin View Post
    i think it is silly to have a FE in a ski, but hey, tort lawyers are everywhere. I do however not want a $200 ticket everytime I go out if I do not have it
    Yea that part sucks for sure, like i said it can be grafted into the hood , or can be placed internally. Easy to do.

ummm idk if this is the place to ask... but what would you guys reccomend.... westcaost waterbox:

Photobucket

orrrr the jetcraft performance pipe??

Photobucket

btw... ill be watching this thread... im doing a similar kind of build... * 550sx with a 650 ts motor swap*

Thread Information