Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

i need some serious help ..

i just installed a riva trhu hull and some other mods ( sponson , block offs ) over the winters the sounds is awsome but i am noticing that my ski is not pulling as hard on top end the acceleration is way harder than before .

the ski has about 50 hours , and the does not turn over 7900 rpms .

could it be, since i have a stock prop and now with the thru hull my acceleration is harder i am not noticing a such a strong pull on top end , the ski pulls hard of the hole but then top end is kind of weak ....

do i have change my prop or repitch it , or could this be the wachers from the supercharger . i ve heard a few guys talking about this . i also order a worx grate and working on 4 in intake ... please guys help

thanks

what were the rpms before?? if they were 8100 and now 7900 check for boost leakage

Quote Originally Posted by busa504 View Post
    what were the rpms before?? if they were 8100 and now 7900 check for boost leakage

i dont think my ski never pass 8000 rpms .

+1
    The SCer washers may not be the problem, but I would replace them now with RIVA washers. What was the ski pulling RPM wise before mods?

+1
    What are you running the trim at? That has a great effect on rpms. Get a GPS, find some smooth water and find your best trim setting for best speed. Note RPMs and speed.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1300r View Post
    The SCer washers may not be the problem, but I would replace them now with RIVA washers. What was the ski pulling RPM wise before mods?
    yeah i am planning to change my washers soon .....

the rpm before the mods were about the same thing about 7900 and maybe 8000 .

+1
    My RXP-Xs...both never topped 7800 rpm then i realized too much OIL..check your dipstick make sure between notches...now they run 7900 rpm...still cant get em to 8000 but i think my prop is a lil dinged soo im repacing it with a 15/22r in a month....air intake will also bring ur RPMS up 100-200 so u might wanna stay where you are if you dont want to mess with a prop...and top end will stay around 70ish with the stock grate...you will notice a difference with the worx

Quote Originally Posted by jp1300r View Post
    What are you running the trim at? That has a great effect on rpms. Get a GPS, find some smooth water and find your best trim setting for best speed. Note RPMs and speed.

yeah i gotta do that some time this week

i need to figure out the probleam because this is killing

Quote Originally Posted by FrankieV123 View Post
    My RXP-Xs...both never topped 7800 rpm then i realized too much OIL..check your dipstick make sure between notches...now they run 7900 rpm...still cant get em to 8000 but i think my prop is a lil dinged soo im repacing it with a 15/22r in a month....air intake will also bring ur RPMS up 100-200 so u might wanna stay where you are if you dont want to mess with a prop...and top end will stay around 70ish with the stock grate...you will notice a difference with the worx
    how is the worxs grate off the hole did you feel any cavitation . and how many mph did you gain

It is the wear ring!! If your supercharger was bad the RPM drop would be much more!! or it could be a bad impeller!! it is not the SC!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information