Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    dalef10ods's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Plymouth England
    Posts
    294
    +1
    8

    RXP-X Exhaust options

    On my last rxpx i had the rive relocation kit & exhaust, as we all know it seems expensive for what it is.

    Is there a more budget friendly option using the riva / gibson etc?

    Do they all need the relocation kit?

    If not ill just have the riva - but spending the money pains me!!


  2. #2
    subparwelder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    park hills, MO
    Posts
    100
    Either gut your stock box or contact Tony at tdr racing and have him make you one for around $200 then buy the riva freeflow pipe or have your local muffler shop make you one then you can stick with the stock exit for the sleeper effect. I would love to try the riva waterbox but could'nt really afford it right now so I went this route. I will have it all put back together and post some pics and sound clips here in the next week or so.

  3. #3
    TopShelf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    26
    Did you ever get any sound clips up? I am trying to decide which exhaust combination to use.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by dalef10ods View Post
    On my last rxpx i had the rive relocation kit & exhaust, as we all know it seems expensive for what it is.

    Is there a more budget friendly option using the riva / gibson etc?

    Do they all need the relocation kit?

    If not ill just have the riva - but spending the money pains me!!
    i make a thru hull that exits on the right side for the x model. you can leave the intercooler where it is you just have to remove the opas.
    i also have a rear exit for use with the stock resonator. looks great but stealthy sound.

  5. #5
    mstennes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    On the Columbia River above a Dam
    Posts
    843
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by rotax racing View Post
    i make a thru hull that exits on the right side for the x model. you can leave the intercooler where it is you just have to remove the opas.
    i also have a rear exit for use with the stock resonator. looks great but stealthy sound.
    IM/PM sent!
    With the cost of Rivas, and not knocking them but to me for what it is and how much it is, its not worth it. I like the idea of bein able to et a rear exhaust without it costing a extra $550.00.

  6. #6
    subparwelder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    park hills, MO
    Posts
    100
    Here is the clip and it the box cost $265 with another $80 for the freeflow pipe and that's it.http://s645.photobucket.com/albums/u...4.flv#comments

  7. #7
    TopShelf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by subparwelder View Post
    Here is the clip and it the box cost $265 with another $80 for the freeflow pipe and that's it.http://s645.photobucket.com/albums/u...4.flv#comments
    WOW. I like that setup. Thank you for the sound clip and other info.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. RXP-X through hull exhaust options
    By boosted-delslow in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-15-2013, 02:10 PM
  2. 08' RXP-X Exhaust Options....
    By texas347 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-21-2012, 12:17 AM
  3. rxp aftermarket exhaust options
    By braaapf7 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-09-2009, 06:27 PM
  4. RXP Dual Exhaust
    By rotax racing in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 97
    Last Post: 04-04-2008, 01:23 PM
  5. RXP rear exhaust quetion
    By sgaaap in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-26-2006, 07:40 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •