Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Supercharger impeller

Hi everyone ! I have a stock 04 RXP and i want to know what is the best supercharger impeller for my ride, between the RIVA Gen II and C2 or C3 monster wheel to get more performance ?

i know the gen 2 is identical to the green wheel....but i'm thinking that there is a possibility of having to do fuel system mods with the C2 and C3...can someone chime in...

Go with a Green wheel or a Gen 2 and a power filter no fuel mods needed

here i found this using the search function....i'm leaning towards a 2 rude...but it depends on where you ride and what you want

Because with modification comes decreased reliability..You're going to have to maintain the ski with supercharger rebuilds, oil changes, replace some head gaskets etc. a lot more frequently than planned if you plan on a highly modified RXP lasting 1000 hours.

Since you don't use it for racing purposes I would say the following, which (I think) can all be found in the online store right here at 4-tecperformance.com:

Air intake: I'd choose the Riva rear air intake setup, but make sure to avoid water ingestion when riding in big waves and choppy conditions. If you submerge the rear of the ski often I would stick with a custom 4" front air intake (do a forum search to find the parts list for one)

Supercharger: You're going to need something with big boost. I'd choose a 2 Rude.

Fueling: You'll need a Rude rising rate fuel pressure regulator and a set of 42#/hr fuel injectors. A LM or LC 1 gauge and sensor should be purchased as well as a diagnostic tool to ensure the tune and safety of your engine's AFR.

OPAS Block-offs: You'll need a set of Race Engineering block-offs or a similar design. I don't think Jerry has them in stock here at 4-tecperformance.com but I recently saw a set in the classifieds for $275.
    External Intercooler: (Your pick between Riva, XS, Rotax. I sell the XS and prefer it)

ECU: Get an upgrade to 8800 RPMs and purchase the lightweight valves necessary along with other valvetrain components needed to safely run this RPM. Do a search for more information.

Rideplate: Jim's Open Loop plate offers the best gains, but to eliminate the potential headaches of open loop and to keep some handling ability, I would choose his closed loop plate with skegs instead. You can send your current plate in for a conversion to save some money.

Pump Impeller: A 15/20R Solas 4 blade will work, but it will have to be pitched according to your level of modification in order to get the desired RPMs.

Exhaust: A Riva waterbox, riva rear exhaust, black magic headers, or a Gibson muffler (if they are redesigned and come back to the store) would all be a good choice.

Pump Extension: Riva sells a unit and a forum member sells a unit on Ebay. They both have their advantages. Either will be a great addition to your setup.

You need to learn the feel of the ski before you take it over 80 MPH. One false move at those speeds and you could end up with broken bones or dead. A browse through the PWC safety section would be a smart idea before you go too crazy with the modding process.

That's about all I can think of for now. I'm probably forgetting something. Others will chime in I'm sure.

Good luck and be careful.

+1
    LOL That post sounds familiar.

it's a good little write up fizzle. good job

I want to buy the Riva stage 1 for my RXP ( 2004 ), so the Gen II riva supercharger impeller can be the best for my ski ?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by lardio View Post
    I want to buy the Riva stage 1 for my RXP ( 2004 ), so the Gen II riva supercharger impeller can be the best for my ski ?
    Yes. It's the best bang or the buck 'beginner' supercharger wheel and you won't need any fueling upgrades until you change the intercooler, ECU, or supercharger (for even more boost).

RXP 04 with Riva stage 1 + Riva GenII supercharger impeller

Whats look like vs an RXP-X stock ? Aproximatly the same speed ? better ?

+1
    Depending on your tuning ability and attention to detail you'll probably hit 73.5-74.5. The RXP-X will out hole-shot you every time and will keep up with you on top speed if they simply change to an aftermarket intake grate. You'll need an external intercooler in order to have a chance at keeping up.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information