Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

is something wrong?

i have a 04 rxp with a greenwheel, free flow exhaust, waterbox mod, 4inch front filter, pump wedge. i live in green bay and had my jetski out last saterday.. (yeah there is still ice on the bay) i had to go.. anway with all those mods, i was running like 69 speedo and i was doing that last year without mods. could that be because of the cold weather or what? my rpms are at 8100-8200 tops. i also got new bars and finger throttle, could that be effecting it?

i was just assuming i would see more gains

+1
    You need to add pitch to your prop or replace it as you are hard on the rev limiter. Also the speedo only goes to 70 anyway and is not a very accurate tool to measure speed. Also adding the finger throttle would only cause a problem if it is not giving full throttle but even if that was the case you are still on the limiter and cant do anythng w/out adding pitch. You should not ride t in those cold conditions with it on the limiter as it will cause it to run very lean.

It sure sounds like you are running on the rev limiter. That means that the ECU is not letting the engine rev any higher even though the engine has more power. You need to add 1-2mm to the trailing edge of the impeller to reduce the rpms and add speed at the same time. When you run on the rev limiter, the ECU is compensating by reducing timing and fuel. Some have run on the rev limiter so much that the bell on the end of their exhaust manifold started to burn off due to the heat... Ron

+1
    PLEASE GET A GPS MOST STOCK SPEEDOS STOP AT 69 OR 70. IF YOU ARE SEEING 8200 RPMS YOU NEED A TALLER IMPELLER.

+1
    Dang you guys are fast

+1
    Why would you pitch for those conditions?

Quote Originally Posted by skipSC View Post
    you are not necesarily pitching for the weather conditions, but your mods have added more RPMS than what your ECU wants it to run, which means it is reducing fuel to compensate.

pitching the impellar will reduce the extra RPMs, get you off of the limiter and allow your motor to actually use the extra power from your mods

search threads with pitch in the title and there are some great explinations on how adding or subtracting pitch in increments of millimeters will add or reduce RPMS.

someone can correct me if i am wrong but with those mods you don't want to be any higher than 8100

the key to the motor using all of its power is to run at opitimum RPMs. Pitching the impeller is the best way to "dial in" proper rpms

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by skipSC View Post
    I don't know..Best bet is a reduction nozzle or wait til it gets warmer before you hold the ski full throttle and bang the rev limiter

thanks everyone yeah i took a look at it and my throttle was not opening up all they way so i adjusted that.. ill have to see if that did the trick and if not ill probaly still look into get my impeller pitched.. if i do that should i go with a whole new one or just pitch the stock one?

and i do no that the speedo is inaccurate, i was just going off of what it was last year.. im too cheep to buy a new one

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by pbrxp View Post
    thanks everyone yeah i took a look at it and my throttle was not opening up all they way so i adjusted that.. ill have to see if that did the trick and if not ill probaly still look into get my impeller pitched.. if i do that should i go with a whole new one or just pitch the stock one?

and i do no that the speedo is inaccurate, i was just going off of what it was last year.. im too cheep to buy a new one
    Get a new prop. Maybe 14/19. Make sure that your ski still idles right now that you have it adjusted for full throttle.
    You are not going to see any gains until you get off the limiter. It will not rev above 8200. Infact it is on the limiter and pulling timing around 8150. The fact that you are actualy seeing 8200 means you are on the limiter big time and it will not rev above that.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information