Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    2x 2004 Seadoo RXP. Milwaukee, Wisconsin. wisconsin_quat's Avatar

woo hoo! did my first work on my rxp! pulled my supercharger out last night and...

it looks just fine - no play on the shaft and the compressor wheel looks perfect, however i did confirm that it still has the ceramic washers, as told by previous owner. the job itself was fairly fun, the inverted torx screws are a little new for me but i had all the tools to do it. the j pipe took a little fanagaling to pull out, finally figured out the waterbox needed to come out (or maybe not but i pulled it anyway).

so my question to you all is with 62 hours on it, should i send the charger in to jerry so he can look at it (although seems perfect) and to also replace the washers? or can i just replace the washers myself and throw it back into the craft? I know youre all big fans of jerry but really do i need to send it in just to replace the washers?

some pics:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	charger green.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	552.3 KB 
ID:	125061   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	charger wheel.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	492.2 KB 
ID:	125062  

PS-

I found out that my ski also has a riva intake in it... niceeee.

so previous owner has done:

-RIVA Sea Doo Power Filter Kit with a K&N Filter
    -Riva Top Loader Intake Grate
    -Riva 2 degree pump wedge
    -Solas R Series Impeller

Someone basically said in an earlier post that this is a stage 1 set up.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by wisconsin_quat View Post
    it looks just fine - no play on the shaft and the compressor wheel looks perfect, however i did confirm that it still has the ceramic washers, as told by previous owner. the job itself was fairly fun, the inverted torx screws are a little new for me but i had all the tools to do it. the j pipe took a little fanagaling to pull out, finally figured out the waterbox needed to come out (or maybe not but i pulled it anyway).

so my question to you all is with 62 hours on it, should i send the charger in to jerry so he can look at it (although seems perfect) and to also replace the washers? or can i just replace the washers myself and throw it back into the craft? I know youre all big fans of jerry but really do i need to send it in just to replace the washers?

some pics:
    Do yourself a favor an send it to Jerry. He has all the correct tools to do the job and check the slip. If you do it yourself you need to pay attention to not loose any of the 40 needle bearings that will go everywhere if you are not careful when pulling the gear. The tools to do the job are alot more expensive than just sending it in.

+1
    yes do it now!!!! its a ticking time bomb

+1
    Also to make things easier when re-installing the SC..You may want to take them reverse torx head bolts and replace them with SS hex head bolts..This way you eliminate the chances of rounding off the heads on the torx bolts...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by speedskixp View Post
    Do yourself a favor an send it to Jerry. He has all the correct tools to do the job and check the slip. If you do it yourself you need to pay attention to not loose any of the 40 needle bearings that will go everywhere if you are not careful when pulling the gear. The tools to do the job are alot more expensive than just sending it in.
    agree with everything stated by speedskixp.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by speedskixp View Post

+1!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    Also to make things easier when re-installing the SC..You may want to take them reverse torx head bolts and replace them with SS hex head bolts..This way you eliminate the chances of rounding off the heads on the torx bolts...

where can i get 3 of these that are good quality. Some bolts at ace hardware and such just snap and are crap.

doesn't ace or your local hardware store sell grade 8.8 metric hex bolts?

Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    great idea! i usually like to keep everything stock but the inside bolt would come off much easier in the future with a ratcheting speed box end wrench - probably a 10mm hex is what i'll go with for the bolts that actually hold the sc in place.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information