gen 2 intercooler install problem

Trying to install the intercooler bracket. I started both bolts by hand. The bottom bolt stopped until about a 1/4 ways almost down and just keeps spinning. I dont think I stripped it because I started them by hand and everything went in straight. Have any of you guys had this problem? Any suggestions on what I should do? Thanks for any input

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by skidoo76 View Post
    Trying to install the intercooler bracket. I started both bolts by hand. The bottom bolt stopped until about a 1/4 ways almost down and just keeps spinning. I dont think I stripped it because I started them by hand and everything went in straight. Have any of you guys had this problem? Any suggestions on what I should do? Thanks for any input

un-screw the nut and inspect the stud..See if it's spining and check the condition of the threads both on the nut and stud

Quote Originally Posted by Alex13 View Post
    un-screw the nut and inspect the stud..See if it's spining and check the condition of the threads both on the nut and stud
    All checked good but finally figured it out. The hole doesnt exactly match to the threads and the intercooler bracket was wedging the bolt slightly so it wouldnt line up. Had to get someone to watch the bolt through the jetpump area( luckly my jet pump was off already) and I had to get the bolt to pull more to the right to line up.

Thread Information