Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Here come the smokers! OBXJeepGuy's Avatar

Cooling options....

On my GP760, I am not too crazy about how the cooling system is set up. The mag cylinder water dumps overboard, and the PTO cylinder water is dumped into the exhaust. What I want to do is dump the water from BOTH cylinders overboard, and have a separate feed for the exhaust... Let me guess... Is this "dual cooling"?

What I want to do is have the exhaust fed by its own source so I can try a couple of different things...

Where would someone normally tap in to get the separate water source?

Why? The cooler you make that pipe the less performance your going to get...
    Thats why it goes from the head to the pipe. On the bigger engines the actually dump the head over board so not as much flow is going to the pipe making a hotter pipe. Leave it the way you have it your better off! Its been tested and verified already. If you have straight cold water from the pump to the pipe your gains will go down...

Quote Originally Posted by scittb View Post
    Why? The cooler you make that pipe the less performance your going to get...
    Thats why it goes from the head to the pipe. On the bigger engines the actually dump the head over board so not as much flow is going to the pipe making a hotter pipe. Leave it the way you have it your better off! Its been tested and verified already. If you have straight cold water from the pump to the pipe your gains will go down...

OOOhhhhh. I never thought of that... Okay, let me rephrase the question... If I wanted another line to go to the waterbox (Like TDR) for the powerspray, what's the best place to source my water for that?

+1
    Scott you can do a few things here....

Tap your pump for another line and get a "thru-hull" fitting glued in and or remove the stock bilge line and use the fitting in place if you have an aftermarket bilge. Riva sells this dual cooling kit which will come with the items needed.

The second thing you could do with the line coming in is to set up using a "Jet Works" mod....which then would allow you to dump both lines outboard...and use the extra line to run the jet works valve which then would keep the exhuast, waterbox and associated items cool enough from melting. Most guys set it to pop around 3k or so mark. This will dry out your waterbox allowing more holeshot power....yet dump water in to allow back pressure to not lose so much on top end.

M

You beat me to it. I thought he was talking about the stinger itself. I actually have a jet works on my 800 set up that way....

Quote Originally Posted by scittb View Post
    You beat me to it. I thought he was talking about the stinger itself. I actually have a jet works on my 800 set up that way....

Okay, can you explain how all of that is routed?

do a search on jetworks mods there should be pictures and diagrams out there.
    Also I dont know if you can do it on a 760. The stingers are different. On my 800 I actually bought an adapter that jet works had made for the 800 back in the day just for this mod. There may be only 12 800's out there with this mod according to Art....

They are basically the same. Kind of like a dry pipe, but it dumps the water through the exhaust at the end of the stinger. I am looking on the Jet Works site right now...

I still can't find any pics, or diagrams on a twin setup.

that because I have the only one on here. Its set up the same as the tripples the only difference where the jetworks line feeds into the stinger, thats where the adapter goes. It bolts to the end of the stinger and the rubber pipe to the water box slides over it and the fitting for the line is on top of the adapter. Besides that all else is the same
    I have to take some pics to show you. I can do it tomorrow

Thanks a million... I would greatly appreciate it!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information