Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1

Smokeysevin's STX 900 conversion buildup (not a duplicate )

I posted this in the kawi section but I figured everyone here might have some better insight.

I have some friends with a 2001 stx 900 with a locked up motor that they may be willing to part with on the cheap so I figured I would start looking for some project ideas. I really want to build a monster 15f motor and drop it in, I'm looking for something in the neighborhood of 200 horsepower and preferably N/A, im figuring that a mild overbore with an offset ground crank and zx cams should put me near that with some head work and a header, I want this to be a test bed for everything that I have been wondering what if about and be dead reliable. so this is what I'm thinking

buy the ski and strip it and sell all the 900 parts on the cheap
    pull everything and true the hull and clean everything up on the inside
    get a hold of a 12f or 15f motor and a zx12 or zx14 motor and swap as many parts over as I can
    do the head work and get a header
    overbore and maybe stroker
    make the entire thing show quality

if there is anything else on here that yall think I should do or any problems post them up I have about a month before I get the hull

If anyone knows anything about the N/A 4 stroke kawasaki motors please post it up because thats the part that I need the most information about

Sean

+1
    I will be picking up the ski tomorrow and will be posting lots of pictures

Sean

what's the plan at this point? you're pickin up the 900? or a donor ski w/ a 4stroke?

+1
    I should be getting the 900 tomorrow for some reason the Kawasaki dealers are always closed on mondays... we'll see I'll have pictures up ASAP I still need to figure out where I can pick up a motor and an efi fuel tank being that I wont need the oil tank anymore and I would like some extra go juice.

Sean

+1
    I got it today, here are the pictures and progress any Ideas for the motor swap and pump? it wont be too long before I need them.

Sean

Quote Originally Posted by smokeysevin View Post
    I got it today, here are the pictures and progress any Ideas for the motor swap and pump? it wont be too long before I need them.

Sean
    having as hard of a time finding a 250 motor as i am. the deal i was trying to get fell through, and i'm not willing to risk buying an 07'

+1
    Yeah, I have one of the kawasaki dealers looking for wrecked skis and wrecked zx12rs for me but they haven't turned anything up, I also need to find a pump because im pretty sure the one in there is trashed. DOES ANYONE KNOW A PLACE THAT HAS USED KAWASAKI MOTORS FOR CHEAP?

Sean

+1
    I just purchased a stock rebuilt 250x pump off ebay today and will be truing the hull, working the pump shoe and painting the inside of the hull this weekend, this week and next will be busy as I have finals coming up.

Sean

Quote Originally Posted by smokeysevin View Post
    I just purchased a stock rebuilt 250x pump off ebay today and will be truing the hull, working the pump shoe and painting the inside of the hull this weekend, this week and next will be busy as I have finals coming up.

Sean
    You SOB i was bidding on that! haha No biggie, i was gonna try it out in the 15F for shits and giggles w/ an lx prop.

+1
    Sorry man I saw it first lol I got out of class this morning and was like CRAP I was looking forwards to getting that for $30 lol Small world, now if you see a motor HANDS OFF lol the guy shipped it like ten minutes after I payed I was impressed. I should be getting a call from a lady with a 15f that has a "low hour blown motor" lol im not sure what that means the inside looks like but im going to try and pick it up on the cheap.

Sean

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information