Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Flame arrestor

  1. #1

    Flame arrestor

    Is there gains in power pulling this out of the manifold??


  2. #2
    The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Odessa, TX
    Posts
    5,364
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpn View Post
    Is there gains in power pulling this out of the manifold??
    Yes

  3. #3
    But if your blower takes a crap on you, the flame arrestor will keep the shrapnel out of your head and cylinders.

  4. #4
    what is the gain and do you have to remove the whole manifold to get to this? Is it in the end of the inlet manifold? can anybody post a picture

  5. #5
    any data to back it up besides yes?

  6. #6
    West Texas RXP skoepp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    west texas
    Posts
    12,019
    +1
    149
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpn View Post
    what is the gain and do you have to remove the whole manifold to get to this? Is it in the end of the inlet manifold? can anybody post a picture
    I replied your pm but here it is for all.

    I gained .5 psi boost by removing my restrictor, and relocating my intercooler, along with better throtle response.

    You need to remove intake manifold. Then either buy the kit from store and cut off end of mani, remove filter, install block off.
    Or you can dig out filter thru throtle body. Ive never done it that way but some have.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1822.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	239.0 KB 
ID:	125165   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1823.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	266.1 KB 
ID:	125166   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1824.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	280.5 KB 
ID:	125167   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1825.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	335.7 KB 
ID:	125168  

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Rydal, Georgia U S A
    Posts
    3,936
    +1
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by skoepp View Post
    I replied your pm but here it is for all.

    I gained .5 psi boost by removing my restrictor, and relocating my intercooler, along with better throtle response.

    You need to remove intake manifold. Then either buy the kit from store and cut off end of mani, remove filter, install block off.
    Or you can dig out filter thru throtle body. Ive never done it that way but some have.
    Did you gain any speed? That's the question...bc I have not seen it in a back to back....

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Lake Dunlap, Texas
    Posts
    1,599
    +1
    28
    No speed gain--maybe just a little in mid range acceleration. Of course any boost increase is good.

  9. #9
    Turbo Doo's from Down Under one1one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Gold Coast, Australia
    Posts
    394
    Can't cut the manifold in stock class Dave.

  10. #10
    Turbo Doo's from Down Under one1one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Gold Coast, Australia
    Posts
    394
    Quote Originally Posted by skoepp View Post
    Or you can dig out filter thru throtle body. Ive never done it that way but some have.

    Sounds like a good idea.....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Flame Arrestor
    By PHISH in forum Yamaha How To & FAQs
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-12-2008, 10:20 AM
  2. Separate Flame Arrestors filters to gpr1300??
    By ExciterGPR in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-12-2006, 12:31 PM
  3. Riva Power Filter or Race Flame Arrestor?
    By Fandini in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-07-2006, 07:48 PM
  4. gpr air filter/flame arrestors
    By txgp1300r in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-02-2006, 04:50 AM
  5. Removing flame arrestor
    By 01xdime in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 01-17-2006, 10:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •