Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

R&D SHO/FZ Powershot installation

Got the powershot installed tonight. It only takes about 5 min to put in...took me an extra 20 to decide where I wanted it & to tidy up the wires. There are 10 plugs...2 that splice into the MAP sensor(eliminating boost limit) & 8 that splice into the injector wires. I cable tied the injector wires to the fuel rail & used lots more ties to prevent the rest from bouncing around offshore. I used R&D's recommended location for the unit itself & the ground wire. The unit was mounted on the port side of the electrical box and attached the ground to one of the screws for the aft coil pack.

The wire to the unit itself is plenty long to put it on the dash or glove box lid where you can see it to tune the crossovers. The included velcro has a very weak adhesive, so that will get replaced with the stronger stuff that you can buy at Home Depot. It's also VERY important to splice in a thicker gauge wire to the end of the ground & replace the eyelet with one of the waterproof heat shrink ones. You can see there is exposed copper on the eyelet begging for corrosion & the small gauge wire can get broken inside after time. I will get this done tomorrow as well. More info in this thread:
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=88114

I ran out of daylight today, but it's supposed to be in the low 50's tonight, so I'll get a run in the cold morning air when I should be making good boost to see if it gets rid of the limiter.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6752.JPG 
Views:	175 
Size:	246.1 KB 
ID:	125118   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6753.JPG 
Views:	141 
Size:	407.1 KB 
ID:	125119   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6754.JPG 
Views:	137 
Size:	253.6 KB 
ID:	125120   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6756.JPG 
Views:	154 
Size:	299.2 KB 
ID:	125121  

MJ, let us know how she go!! By the way, what happens to this if RIVA ever releases that new ECU and you buy it. Does the Powershot have to be removed? Or will they somehow compliment each other?

Quote Originally Posted by caymansho View Post
    MJ, let us know how she go!! By the way, what happens to this if RIVA ever releases that new ECU and you buy it. Does the Powershot have to be removed? Or will they somehow compliment each other?

Until I see differently I am going to assume I can add fuel even with Rivas ECU (Since we are controlling the signal to the injectors) which will probably going to impose just as many limits just bumped up a tad.

+1
    Damn I wish I had your schedule. And the lake just down the road.

+1
    I don't know about you guys, but I'm on the edge of my seat waiting to hear the results of this thing. Will there be gains? Or will it just kill the Blah Blah..... Blah.... Blah sound? That's the real question.

It will only help if you are propped right. the rev limit is still there so you have to be sure you are propped below the limit. The boost limit the only thing fixed with this piece aside from being able to change the fuel.

+1
    Just got back from the lake...E temp-65, L temp-75. There wasn't a cloud in the sky, so conditions were perfect for making good boost. I saw a consistent 8.1-8.2 psi with the stock SC wheel...no more limiter!!!
    I hit a personal best of 69.7 on the stock ride plate with 1/2 tank of fuel, which is nearly a full mph better than my best cool air speed this past winter. I did however put the R&D sponsons on last night, so that may be where some of the speed came from. I'm sure I could've squeezed a 70 out of it by supermaning, but after coming off my GPR @ 80 a few weeks back I won't superman without someone else riding with me. Can't wait to get my blueprinted 13/24 back from Impros, so I can throw in the C1-11. I'm friggin stoked!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mjh3ides View Post
    Just got back from the lake...E temp-65, L temp-75. There wasn't a cloud in the sky, so conditions were perfect for making good boost. I saw a consistent 8.1-8.2 psi with the stock SC wheel...no more limiter!!!
    I hit a personal best of 69.7 on the stock ride plate with 1/2 tank of fuel, which is nearly a full mph better than my best cool air speed this past winter. I did however put the R&D sponsons on last night, so that may be where some of the speed came from. I'm sure I could've squeezed a 70 out of it by supermaning, but after coming off my GPR @ 80 a few weeks back I won't superman without someone else riding with me. Can't wait to get my blueprinted 13/24 back from Impros, so I can throw in the C1-11. I'm friggin stoked!!!

I'm a head of you in line! har har

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SHOdude View Post
    Damn I wish I had your schedule. And the lake just down the road.
    I was still at my desk in time for the opening bell.

Quote Originally Posted by mjh3ides View Post
    I was still at my desk in time for the opening bell.
    What do you trade?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information