Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 4" front air ?

4" front air ?

My question I am doing some diy mods on a 2008 rxpx, I took off stock air to replace with 4" kanaflex system and was planning on using a r&d 4" adaptor at the sc, would it defeat the purpose to just leave the stock 3" hose that is already hooked to the sc, And tie into the 3" hose with a 4" to 3" reducer to the kanaflex right were the stock 3" hose ties into the plastic air box that runs upto the front of the machine, how much air flow would you lose? If this would work it would save some space at the sc and the cost of the R&D adapter......

+1
    you know I was just putting in my supercharger after having the washers replaced and was thinking the same thing and I think thats what I am going to do. I dont think that one inch is going to matter much that ill even be able to notice. What kind of 4 inch to 3 inch reducer are you looking to use??

Banned User
    +1
    The entire system is restrictive, replace everything...

Some have tired to do what you are thinking, only to eventually switch to a kanaflex setup...

I suggest using a Sno-Bend, as seen in this thread about intake flowwork I did...http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=85309

That setup will keep the intake tuck up against the rear of the motor...

--Danny

+1
    What would be the difference between keeping the 3 inch rubber elbow tube and then using a adapter there to the Kanaflex tubing to the front of the ski VS putting the adapter right at the supercharger??

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwgsx View Post
    What would be the difference between keeping the 3 inch rubber elbow tube and then using a adapter there to the Kanaflex tubing to the front of the ski VS putting the adapter right at the supercharger??
    Flow is about the same, but the elbow allows the kanaflex to hug the motor tighter. If you ran the adapter straight, you would have to make a larger arc into the SC, which would interfere with your OEM plumbing...

+1
    I was thinking about using the oem elbow that goes from the supercharger around the throttle body and then tap into it with the 3" to 4" adapter ( right where the elbow meets the plastic oem tubing that goes to the front of the ski) and replace that with the Kanaflex.

Or is that rubber oem elbow too restrictive with the ribs in it ??

A 3 inch to 4 inch 90 degree silicone bend off the supercharger then adapted to the 4 inch kanaflex with a small length (approx. 3-4 inches long) of 4 inch alloy tube is a very simple setup and looks rather neat too.

Cheers

Chris.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwgsx View Post
    Or is that rubber oem elbow too restrictive with the ribs in it ??
    The cork of the system is the small rubber adapter that goes between the 2 plastic tubes (tank and around motor)...The elbow is restrictive, but not as much as the front adapter...

BUT for the X SC that you have on your ski, the more air you feed it the better. Running the kanaflex all the way to it will help you gain needed airflow...

No problem here flex hose without Sno-Bend

This is what I did you'll need an adapter to go 3" to 4" plus a way to join the adapter from 4"hose to 3" hose....I used a peice of 4" alloy pipe...Gains were 60rpm...so there would be a little restriction but I tend to not believe the RIVA 200rpm claim, as most of there stuff falls short of what they claim...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information