Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

F12X Pump Rebuild

So I finished the F12 and delivered it, and picked up the F12X to find the performance sucked. The owner said it would only go 25 MPH, So I expected somehting to be wrong. I pulled the pump, and tah-dah...water in pump, busted bearings tossing around. The entire pump looks as if it has been submerged in water for a few years. It was digusting. I convinced the owner to let me do a complete pump rebuild, including everything (Pump stator and all), except the pump cone.

I have searched here until no end and the net with no luck. I can only find to use a gear oil versus the Honda enviro grease, or even a waterproof grease.

I cannot find a how-to for a pump assembly. I have all the parts ready to be installed and it looks pretty self-explanitory, but I want to make sure there is not a secret step in the process.

Does anyone have the few pages of the manual or can explain what I need to do. Thanks in advance. --Jeremy

Didn't you say it was an R12x as the second ski? I think the pumps are put together the same anyway. I have a couple pages I could post later today for ya. I'll check to see if anyone helps before I get back.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jpeconsult View Post
    So I finished the F12 and delivered it, and picked up the F12X to find the performance sucked. The owner said it would only go 25 MPH, So I expected somehting to be wrong. I pulled the pump, and tah-dah...water in pump, busted bearings tossing around. The entire pump looks as if it has been submerged in water for a few years. It was digusting. I convinced the owner to let me do a complete pump rebuild, including everything (Pump stator and all), except the pump cone.

I have searched here until no end and the net with no luck. I can only find to use a gear oil versus the Honda enviro grease, or even a waterproof grease.

I cannot find a how-to for a pump assembly. I have all the parts ready to be installed and it looks pretty self-explanitory, but I want to make sure there is not a secret step in the process.

Does anyone have the few pages of the manual or can explain what I need to do. Thanks in advance. --Jeremy
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/attachme...5&d=1237466948

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 1tommygunner1927 View Post
    Yeah, originally, the guy said it was a two-seater turbo. It is not...three seater turbo...gold hood/seat and white upper hull. I think it is a 2005.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 1tommygunner1927 View Post

lol..tried the link and got the following:

"
    jpeconsult, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
    1. You need at least 20 posts before you can use the classified section. Please participate in the forum and don't email me about this.
    2. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    3. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation. "

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jpeconsult View Post
    lol..tried the link and got the following:

jpeconsult, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
    1. You need at least 20 posts before you can use the classified section. Please participate in the forum and don't email me about this.
    2. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    3. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation. "
    D'oh....try this:
    Attached Files Attached Files

+1

F12X Update

I got the pump rebuilt and went to the lake to test it before delivery tomorrow. Before I had it, it was reported that it only went 25 MPH. I pulled the pump and saw the bearing were shot! I rebuilt the entire pump including the stator.

Test results:
    Hitting the limiter hard out of the hole
    WOT got 39 MPH at 5900 RPM

Several times I would let off the throttle slightly and give WOT again, getting 6500 RPM or so....then back to 5900.

I did not see anything over 40 MPH.

Whats the best guess? Would the turbo fault 15 MPH??? HELP

+1
    if the wear ring and prop are good, the usual prob with these is the waste gate solenoid. Mod has a test on here for it..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dav_dman View Post
    if the wear ring and prop are good, the usual prob with these is the waste gate solenoid. Mod has a test on here for it..
    Blowing/sucking in a tube??? I will search that. What is the top speed for a stock F12X? I think it should be 60ish, right? If so, would the wastegate cause a 20 MPH difference? Is the turbo good for 600 RPM?

OK, I did a little reading and think I understand it:

The solenoid test is the blowing while ski not started versus started. The solenoid is a replaceable part but may be spot welded onto the bracket. Can anyone confirm this?

Secondly, it is common for the actuator to rust off. The actuator is not sold seperately, but can be replaced by purchasing an entire new turbo assembly. There may be ways to weld some sort of contraption to replace the actuator. Can anyone confirm this?

Do my test results as listed above AND posted a couple posts up coinside with the wastegate solenoid or actuator?

Pull the air tube into the turbo, spin the vanes with you fingers to confirm its spinning. Make sure the plugs a NEW, and also make sure its not in "Limit Mode", which is used for beginner riders. The display will say "Limit Mode" if it is in fact activated. Also, if the wastegate actuator is stuck, some here have freed it up with multiple rounds of manual manipulation and CRC 6-56.
    Last edited by ijdal35; 04-17-2009 at 08:05 PM. Reason: added a sentence

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information