Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Got me an 08 RXP

So I had some unfortunate turn of events lately. I had wanted an RXP for years, but we bought a house awhile ago and found out we were having our first child so it just hadn't been a priority. I had been looking at picking up a second used ski for now. Even found one on here I had planned to go get a little over a month ago. Then my girlfriend went part time at work, I had to put a new roof on my garage and my daughter is now 7 months old so I couldn't justify spending any extra money. A little over a week ago, my girlfriend was able to switch positions at work and go back full time. I totally miscalculated my bonus from work we got two weeks ago, it goes off percentage of salary and I had read the wrong percentage. To my surprise my bonus was a lot more than I had anticiapted. So I went out and picked up a leftover 08 RXP for 9k from a dealer by work. I love this thing.

Put on a Riva Power Filter I got from the store, Jerry's great to work with. Didn't go with a 4" intake, I just plan on going Stage I with a RIVA waterbox eventually. Got a cover from REID for a good deal. Put in a bilge pump and put some clamps on the bailer hoses. Here is some pics. It is gonna be a good summer!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG1012.JPG 
Views:	83 
Size:	2.83 MB 
ID:	125225   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG1015.JPG 
Views:	75 
ID:	125226   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG1013.JPG 
Views:	68 
ID:	125227   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG1014.JPG 
Views:	72 
Size:	2.80 MB 
ID:	125228   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG1016.JPG 
Views:	62 
ID:	125229   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG1017.JPG 
Views:	72 
Size:	2.78 MB 
ID:	125230  

+1
    Were are the bailer hoses?
    I just got a '08 also. I havent even looked around the engine bay yet.

+1
    Congrats on your RXP!
    Make sure you go back and purchase the extended warranty before your one year anniversary is up. You will thank me for this later...

Quote Originally Posted by Speed_Freak_039A View Post
    Were are the bailer hoses?
    I just got a '08 also. I havent even looked around the engine bay yet.
    If you take the black cowl off you will see them. They are behind the coolant container and black exhaust house near the top back when you take the seat off. They are just zip tied with tiny zip ties. To take the cowl off, pop the seat and unscrew the four bolts, two up fron, two near the back. The black BRP logo above the tow hook pops out and that is the fifth bolt underneath it. It then lifts off.

Quote Originally Posted by YoYamma View Post
    Congrats on your RXP!
    Make sure you go back and purchase the extended warranty before your one year anniversary is up. You will thank me for this later...
    Yeah, I planned on it. I have to re-up the warranty on the GTI this year, I will take care of the RXP next year.

So, what kind of speed do you expect to get out of this unit?

antoniodef, get up to Higgins Lake this summer and let's ride. Congrats on the ski man! We have a nice little riding group up here. Anyone is welcome to stop around for that matter. We have some fun little races. Once you get that stage 1 you won't want to stop!

Quote Originally Posted by teddy View Post
    So, what kind of speed do you expect to get out of this unit?
    With a stage 1 he will see 71-72mph.

I'm at 76+mph with mine, $2,400 invested. Gotta love this platform!

I might have to take you up on the offer for Higgins Lake. Me and the wifey were thinking about going somewhere for a night or two this summer. She loves her GTI. Our moms are begging to take my daughter for a day, by summer I might be willing to give her up for a night. There is probably hotels around I assume? I have never been there.

The quest for speed does get addicting. I just don't have a lot of time for maintenance, which always comes with extensive mods. I do love getting my arms ripped off. I hate hate down time more. Stock I believe RXP's go about 67 I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by antoniodef View Post
    I might have to take you up on the offer for Higgins Lake. Me and the wifey were thinking about going somewhere for a night or two this summer. She loves her GTI. Our moms are begging to take my daughter for a day, by summer I might be willing to give her up for a night. There is probably hotels around I assume? I have never been there.
    South and North State Parks. South is nice, I've never really been in the North State Park. Also some people will rent cottages for weekends and weeks at a time around the lake. A friend of mine and forum member does this. All the hotels are at Houghton Lake, not really ideal unless you plan on riding there, which is about 5min down the road from me. No problem putting the ski on the trailer and going back and forth. I'd actually like to get over to Houghton Lake to ride this summer. Largest inland lake in the state (22,000 sq. acres), but Higgins Lake is MUCH nicer. Deeper, cleaner, colder. We have about 10,000 sq. acres to ride on at Higgins. Sunken islands, island, couple of other nice shallow areas to anchor and have a good time. I absolutely love it. You can see some of the pics I posted in the Michigan riders social group.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information