Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Exclamation 06 rxp intake rocker broke..Suggestions please...

Just reinstalled the motor and I was gonna leave the vent valve off cause i had installed a cold air intake kit and did not know that the washer behind it in the head could move. I cranked the engine and it ran good bout 5 minutes then i heard a slight noise i immediatly stopped the engine. When i removed the valve cover i noticed the washer was slightly against the timing chain i removed the washer and inspected the gear and chain not a mark on it. When i reinstalled the valve cover and tried restarting i heard a slight pop. removed the valve cover again and the intake rocker closest to the front of the boat was broke. Could the washer put just enough bind on the chain to have broken it or what??? Dont think it would have jumped time it was running fine..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2664_66155093559_506548559_1581858_4657568_n[1].jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	48.0 KB 
ID:	125254   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2664_66155198559_506548559_1581860_2041434_n[1].jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	33.4 KB 
ID:	125255  

I dont think the washer caused the rocker to break. I have seen stuck valves do that, as well as the piston smacking the valve up into the rocker if the cam was in the right spot. Good luck, hopefully somebody has an answer for you. Bump.

Well I havent done anything to the timing.so I don't see why the piston would hit the valves but I don't know I am taking all the advice I can get. It has set awhile but it ran for bout 3 minutes fine before I killed the engine.

Hi my friend
    Happenīs that to me and my conclusion is the piston on the rocker arm loose pressure oil, and the rocker arm goes more downward and brakes, try with your finger press that piston inside the rocker arm,if it goes time to replace..... hope you understand my english
    Hugo

I meant if the timing chain was broken the piston would hit the valve, but in your case your chain is intact. Sorry for not being specific. Good luck TTT.

Yea since my chain is intact and not harmed and i dont see how it could have jumped time with the tensioner in place i am just gonna replace the rocker. The valves arent bent and they arent sticking.

From year is your ski?
    Look the others for free play from that small piston at the end of the rocker arm
    me and a friendīs mine we broked the rocker arm, we replaced the others ones because had also free play, it was from 2005 engine

Well i checked the timing and it was fine. INspected the the timing chain and gear both was fine no marks. I installed the new rocker arm and turned the motor over and it wouldnt start after about 6 turns it broke the middle intake rocker arm... I am open to any advice anyone wants to give i am about ready to give up.. i guess next stop is back to the dealer.. PLease help me....

Quote Originally Posted by churras View Post
    From year is your ski?
    Look the others for free play from that small piston at the end of the rocker arm
    me and a friendīs mine we broked the rocker arm, we replaced the others ones because had also free play, it was from 2005 engine
    It is a 2006 with only 65 hrs

try with your fingers pull inside the small piston at the end of the rocker arm , try on the broken ones and let me know
    Hugo

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information