Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Question ski covers, How to waterproof? #*!%#

It rains here, a lot, for a long time, sometimes forever, non stop, I wish I had ducks feet.
    Anyhow, I have a couple covers which I was hoping would repel the rain from getting to the skis, but nada, zilch, nil.

Has anyone tried or used anything to block the pores in these covers so they repel water?
    Wax? Tar? anything??

Suggestions?

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1

+1
    oem covers are never water tight. the material seeps water in, especally on older covers.
    best bet is to store indoors, or under shelter.
    or get a waterproof tarp, and drape over skis, held down with a few bungees.
    it wont be pretty, but it will stay dry.
    trick is to allow plenty of airflow up under the tarp, so dampness can escape, dont want ot wrap the skis/oem covers up too tight.
    cheep tarps from home depot or walmart for a few dollars are perfect. silver on one side blue on the other...

+1
    tarp also protects skis / covers from sun damage.

+1

Thumbs up

Thanks for that great info guys. I'll look into it.

+1
    ScotchGuard.

+1
    Hey, just want to make an off the side comment if I may.
    I've worked some crazy hours since last September until recent and the whole fall/winter and part of the spring blew by in a flash it seems, and I could barely find any time for myself to relax and do the things I used to do. (Not a complaint, just an observation.)
    So I have been absent from the forums here for a few months and just want to say how much it feels like home again now that I have a bit of time.
    That's something I noticed here in the Hulk forums long ago and in a short time. Even though we rarely if ever meet in person, there's just something really friendly about this community. I'm sure you guys all know.
    So just saying thanks to any and all who happen to come across this brief note.

-And over that time, I got fat. Ya, fat. I put on 20 lbs (+) here at the stupid computer and need to work it off. All those late nights, the pizza, the beers.......how sweet it was, but I'm paying for it now and can't wait to hit the waters soon and see a bit of change take place.
    Gotta buy new pants and everything! LoL -and now wonder if I'll still fit comfortably in my wetsuit or not. Maybe age plays a small part too. Humff....
    Anyways, Cheers!

P.S.
    I had pizza and beer again just last night. I gotta knock it off. Damit...........

+1
    Don't feel alone. I went from 165 about 4 years ago to 200 now. Seems like I never eat chit anymore and still go up. Being over 50 it seems like my body turned traitor on me. I was spending 2 hours in the gym with 1 hour on the elliptical every day and didn't lose a single pound. Getting old sucks! God forbid I should even attempt to put the wetsuit on.

+1
    Well sadly, I have 6 wetsuits for my former self and fear loosing them at a yard sale. You know that feeling when you bend down to work on something and your button is just about to pop. I went from an L to and XL. You know what comes after that is XXL XXXL XXXXL and I think that's where they stop. I hadn't realized it until my lady went to buy me something for XMas. I wear sweats a lot when I compute for hours because I cross my legs up on the chair Indian style. That's why I didn't notice the metamorphosysis happening. However, I'm still comfortable at this weight, just hear it a lot more and too often by friends. (some of whom are getting older themselves..Haha)

Nothin' runs like a Deere IowanGPR's Avatar
    Side FX I don't want to change the subject but your avatar makes me dizzy.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information