Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

15F to 250X gauge conversion

Alright, so I'm trying to spice up the old green machine by swapping that boring 15F gauge cluster for the 250X cluster. I'm not so worried about fittment now, more worried about a wireing difference.

All the wires match up except for a couple. The 15F cluster has a 6 pin connector harness with only 5 wires in it (picture attached). Here's the problem, the 250X cluster has a 4 pin connector harness with 3 wires in it. Those 3 wires on the 250X harness and 3 of the 5 on the 15F harness match up in the same order.

My question is, does anyone know what the 2 extra wires are for on the 15F harness? The first extra wire is yellow/blue and the other is gray.

Thanks guys! Jordan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0277.JPG 
Views:	99 
Size:	2.89 MB 
ID:	125342  

Dont think the guages will cross match. 250 uses Can data

DAMN!! 4 minutes, now thats a quick reply! Thanks a million skips! alright so does anyone want to buy great condition 250X gauge cluster?

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    I may be interested depending on if my stx 250x project gets off the ground..

Sean

I'm looking to drop a 250X motor in mine also. I got plans to do it w/o any hull mods too . But i wont need this gauge if i buy a complete donor 250 anyways.

Both gauge sets have 3 connectors. the first is for the buzzer (aka cut off and thrown in the trash)

the second is a 4 pin connector that hooks up and functions on both gauges, this one gives the gauge power and when hooked up to the 250 gauge it turns on and reads an "error" message on the digital readout.

The 3rd connector pictured above is where i'm having trouble.

Weird thing is, is that my service manual only shows the 15F gauge having one 2-pin connector and two 4-pin connectors. My gauge has one 2-pin, one 4-pin and one 6-pin

So the two extra wires that the 15F harness has is the gray wire which is the speed sensor input, and the yellow/blue wire isn't even shown on the 15F service manual.

I think i've got it figured out, only problem is that the gray wire is for the tach. So i may just run a tiny tach unless i can somehow splice the wire into the correct wire on the 250 harness?? but the yellow/blue wire is just for the SLO Mode and who needs that?

And the wires just pop out of the connestors so i will swap the 6 pin connector from the 15F harness over to the 250 harness.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jtskir15f View Post
    Weird thing is, is that my service manual only shows the 15F gauge having one 2-pin connector and two 4-pin connectors. My gauge has one 2-pin, one 4-pin and one 6-pin

So the two extra wires that the 15F harness has is the gray wire which is the speed sensor input, and the yellow/blue wire isn't even shown on the 15F service manual.
    Think the yellow / blue could be a 5 volt reference ... say for the memory of the clock and stuff ??? Just a thought.

I went to the dealer yesterday and looked at their paper copy of the service manual and not my PDF file. their copy showed the yellow/blue as a SLO Mode wire, I'm still detirmined to make this work, although i'd love to see the RPMS on the 250 gauge.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information