Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

05 RXP has not been run in 5 months, anything I should know be for it start it?

Hey guys

I just bought a house and have been remodeling, so I have not had any time to even start my ski. It has sat about 4-5 months now. I did put fuel stabilizer in it last time I started it.
    Is there anything I should do before I make sure the battery is charged, and then try to start it?

Thanks!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mccoy View Post
    Hey guys

I just bought a house and have been remodeling, so I have not had any time to even start my ski. It has sat about 4-5 months now. I did put fuel stabilizer in it last time I started it.
    Is there anything I should do before I make sure the battery is charged, and then try to start it?

Thanks!
    You may not need to charge it, you can just bump the start button to see if it turns on. Rem. to make sure your oil is at the correct level, and rem. the steps in hooking up the hose to the flush kit to run it out of the water: Connect hose to flush, start motor, turn on water. When shutting down, turn off the water, disconnect hose from flush, then kill the engine.

+1
    As long as the battery has a good charge, I think you'll be fine. Just remember, a lot of people have had problems with their ski shutting off and not starting right due to low battery charge.

+1
    Five months, good gosh---get that thing out on the water!

I have been having RXP withdrawals; I can’t wait to get on the water again.

So I don’t need to worry about trying to change the gas out, or fogging each sparkplug or anything like that? Just check the battery and oil and hit the start button? Can it really be that simple after that much time?

I have been having RXP withdrawals; I canít wait to get on the water again.

So I donít need to worry about trying to change the gas out, or fogging each sparkplug or anything like that? Just check the battery and oil and hit the start button? Can it really be that simple after that much time?

Fogging would have been a GREAT idea before storing it for 5 months, but it's kinda late now lol. I fog mine if it's going to sit for more than 2-3 weeks!

Hah! Yeah if I knew I would not have touched it for this long I would have done more, I always started it at least ever 2 weeks if I didnít hit the water. I had a thought it might sit a month is why I put the fuel stabilizer in it, but never thought 5 months! Itís sitting at my bros house until I get this move over with, and heís not very mechanical savvy, and Iím not sure how long he would leave it running or not hook it up right with the water. Anyways my mind got to occupied with this remodel, and forgot about it

I just bought this house and before I move in I decided to remodel the kitchen my self, and basically prep the house like new, I scraped all the popcorn of the ceilings, fixed all the walls, and had every thing retextured with orange peal and skip trial. I raised the ceiling in the kitchen to 8ft, and went in to that attic a bit for 9ft for a sky light look, with the lights hidden behind a cove. Any who itís been quite an undertaking. I have plenty of before and during pictures, but Iím not finished yet. I guess I could start anther post with the project if anyone was interested.

Hah! Yeah if I knew I would not have touched it for this long I would have done more, I always started it at least ever 2 weeks if I didnít hit the water. I had a thought it might sit a month is why I put the fuel stabilizer in it, but never thought 5 months! Itís sitting at my bros house until I get this move over with, and heís not very mechanical savvy, and Iím not sure how long he would leave it running or not hook it up right with the water. Anyways my mind got to occupied with this remodel, and forgot about it

I just bought this house and before I move in I decided to remodel the kitchen my self, and basically prep the house like new, I scraped all the popcorn of the ceilings, fixed all the walls, and had every thing retextured with orange peal and skip trial. I raised the ceiling in the kitchen to 8ft, and went in to that attic a bit for 9ft for a sky light look, with the lights hidden behind a cove. Any who itís been quite an undertaking. I have plenty of before and during pictures, but Iím not finished yet. I guess I could start anther post with the project if anyone was interested.
    Wow, no wonder. Sounds like one hell of project! Been there done that before. Well hopefully most of that's behind you and you can enjoy the summer now

Mine has been stored for around 12 months fogged and started twice in that time. Last Sunday first time out 20 mins and dropped a valve. 05' RXP.

Well so far so good. It charged the battery up and it fired up. But I think I might be in need of a new battery soon. When I was charging the battery I heard a gurgling sound, very faint but I heard it from one of the side hole ports near the fright right of the hull, and i noticed a dusty like substance on the trailer right under the hole. Iím a summing its battery acid? But itís all chalky. Anyone seen this?

Also when I fire it up it blinks sensor, so i tested for error codes and I think it was 1715 or something like that whish from it looks like itís a missing depth finder for the RXT? is this that common if the battery dies it forgets who it is?

Any input would be super!

-McCoy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information