Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I'm a happy newbie (I think)

I just bought my first PWC, a 2008 RXT with 19 hours on it. And I think I got a screaming deal on it. Over the last few days, I've spent hours pouring over these forums. Great info and great participation. Much appreciated. But as a newbie, my primary concerns are with maintenance and safety. The need for more speed, I'm sure, will come later. I remember coming across a thread that included a list of around 10 or so items that a new owner needs to address on a craft immediately. But I noticed that list was initiated back in "05, and I'm wondering if that list has been updated? I'm just looking for any, and all advice I can get for a new owner on setting up the ski for a long life and properly prepared for what may come out on the water.

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by Wetbrat View Post
    I just bought my first PWC, a 2008 RXT with 19 hours on it. And I think I got a screaming deal on it. Over the last few days, I've spent hours pouring over these forums. Great info and great participation. Much appreciated. But as a newbie, my primary concerns are with maintenance and safety. The need for more speed, I'm sure, will come later. I remember coming across a thread that included a list of around 10 or so items that a new owner needs to address on a craft immediately. But I noticed that list was initiated back in "05, and I'm wondering if that list has been updated? I'm just looking for any, and all advice I can get for a new owner on setting up the ski for a long life and properly prepared for what may come out on the water.
    The biggest and most important thing you can do is pull your supercharger and have the SC clutch washers replaced with a set of Riva aftermarket SC clutch washers, this will buy you all the time you'll need to enjoy your Jet ski without having to worry about your SC screwing your whole summer and your wallet

Read this;

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=16773

Welcome to our community, enjoy..

If you have any questions you can't find an answer for using the search function, you'll find that EVERYONE is more than willing to help you out.

Alex

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome to the Hulk!

Can you post a link to the thread that you are referring to? What kind of a deal did you get...if you dont mind me asking?

+1
    You already have metal since its an 08. Get an extended warranty if you can its a great ski but you nevr know.

This is the original list of issues I was referring to. http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2397
    And I got the ski for $7,900. It was listed by the local dealer as a used unit, and it was gone after 2 days. But they called me back after the original buyer couldn't get financing.

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbtd View Post
    You already have metal since its an 08.
    I know this..They are still junk!! Replace OEM washers!!!!!

Really? I had read that they had change to metal for "08, so I was thinking I was good to go on that issue. No?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex13 View Post
    I know this..They are still junk!! Replace OEM washers!!!!!

+1
    Wetbrat, congrats on your ski...
    first thing you need to do is determine your EXACT warranty expiration date, and make sure you get the extended warranty from Sea-Doo before that date comes up. For example if the original owner bought it in April or May of 08, this could be an urgent issue. You do NOT want to let that OEM warranty run out because then you will no longer be able to get the extended warranty. The 4 strokes are very reliable, but they ALL break down and parts/labor are high---it's not uncommon to have $5,000 or $6,000 in repairs---so listen up and follow up on that warranty...

+1
    Welcome to the forum !

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information