Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

First round of mods

I finished the first round of mods on my 08 RXP today.

4" kanaflex intake
    Homemade catch can
    Strainer and tow valve
    Rive intake grate
    Filled ride plate holes
    Ski-eyelet (we wakeboard behind them)

big thanks to everyone on this site for the guidance and knowledge....now what's my next mod???

+1
    Bilge pump.....

Quote Originally Posted by Stradt03 View Post
    I finished the first round of mods on my 08 RXP today.

4" kanaflex intake
    Homemade catch can
    Strainer and tow valve
    Rive intake grate
    Filled ride plate holes
    Ski-eyelet (we wakeboard behind them)

big thanks to everyone on this site for the guidance and knowledge....now what's my next mod???

thru hull, you are now able to suck alot of air, gotta have a way to get rid of it

Quote Originally Posted by flyguytki View Post
    thru hull, you are now able to suck alot of air, gotta have a way to get rid of it

I've had my eye on the Riva thru-hull exhaust. Do I 100% need to do the OPAS blockoffs when I do that? The extra $300 on top of the $250 for the exhaust is a killer!

well you have 3 options, one is like you are saying 260 for the Thru hull and 335 for the Block offs, two would be the thru hull and then an OPAS removal Kit, which are just plates that plug the holes which is 100 or three you can do as a few have, and leave the OPAS on and move the exhaust hole up, If the last one is the one you like the most, make sure you do lots of research on where the hole needs to be drilled since theres no step by step directions for it. I actually Drilled mine last night and having the OPAS off made it a piece of cake, you now have access to the coupler to tighen hose clamps instead of having to reach all the way back in there. I have a few pictures, let me know if your interested

I've had my eye on the Riva thru-hull exhaust. Do I 100% need to do the OPAS blockoffs when I do that? The extra $300 on top of the $250 for the exhaust is a killer!

i have heard fo people keeping the OPAS and moving the pipe up... After installing my thru hull i would not want to try it. My bike is longer, though. Getting to the back of a couch is a pain in the ass to get the backplate and coupler on... Even on an RXP i wouldn't want to mess around with it, you only have one shot to put that hole in the right place and with OPAS removed you allow yourself more room for error. By that i mean you don't have to be as precise on the placement of the hole.

I would go in steps. get your OPAS block offs, then get the rear exhaust. Thats how i did it. I think some people in classifieds have some tubes and cupplers for sale right now, you may be able to save soem cash.

Also, if you have the exhaust out you might as well pull your waterbox and gut it. Check out jerry's thread: GH Waterbox Mod. Danny put a modded box on the flow bench and it has 54% better flow and about +4 HP. Even if that doesn't make a difference it sounds awesome. It has a low rumble and a bit of a growl.

took it out today to test it out. Ran at 8180 rpms. That seems kind of high, no?

+1
    i think 8100 is the money spot for your ski. i could be wrong though.

strainer after 30 mins of riding.

took it out today to test it out. Ran at 8180 rpms. That seems kind of high, no?
    8100 is what you are looking for, but what was the water and air temp? cooler conditions can cause higher RPMS. I am running abou the same in 57L 62 air. I expect it to come down a bit when it warms up. I take a hair off the throttle to keep it around 8050-8100

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information