Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: First SeaDoo

First SeaDoo

Hey guys/gals, wanted to say thanks for having such a great setup on here. Just bought my first ski from a friend, '03 GTX SC. Only has 50hrs on it and hadn't been used in about 2 1/2yrs. I took it to the dealer to have all the lines flushed and oil changed not knowing much about servicing these things yet. When I went to pick it up they mentioned the wear ring and how they could change it that day for a low low price of $350 out the door with parts. I said thanks and but no thanks and mentioned I had seen yalls website. After some grumbling and what not they finally sold me just the part. Going to tryout the freezer method mentioned in other posts. Anyhow, thanks for the site and hope to learn a lot thru you guys/gals.

-jake
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SeaDoo2.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	177.2 KB 
ID:	125455  

Life is Supercharged (without ceramics)
    +1
    wear rings are common wear parts as the name states.

I would say 50 hrs is about the time when mine went too. Just dont let that strange idle ticking sound throw u off, they all make that sound OUT of the water.

Congrats on the new machine, you might wanna look into a bigger trailer like the original one it probably came with, but ur first goal now is to have fun on your new toy

Congrats and have fun with it.

LG

Quote Originally Posted by jb83 View Post
    Hey guys/gals, wanted to say thanks for having such a great setup on here. Just bought my first ski from a friend, '03 GTX SC. Only has 50hrs on it and hadn't been used in about 2 1/2yrs. I took it to the dealer to have all the lines flushed and oil changed not knowing much about servicing these things yet. When I went to pick it up they mentioned the wear ring and how they could change it that day for a low low price of $350 out the door with parts. I said thanks and but no thanks and mentioned I had seen yalls website. After some grumbling and what not they finally sold me just the part. Going to tryout the freezer method mentioned in other posts. Anyhow, thanks for the site and hope to learn a lot thru you guys/gals.

-jake
    Almost $300 in labor. Once you get good, you can do one in an hour or so. Do you know if they pulled the fuel pump and checked the filter or checked the fuel pressure?... Ron

+1
    Has it upgraded from plastic pump to metal pump? Plastic pumps eat wear rings because they flex. It causes an uneven wear patteran that causes cavitation out of the hole.

Welcome to the forum!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Of_Fun View Post
    Almost $300 in labor. Once you get good, you can do one in an hour or so. Do you know if they pulled the fuel pump and checked the filter or checked the fuel pressure?... Ron
    it sounds like they just sold him the wear ring and he will do it himself??

I didnt have the time to do mine when i got my jet plus i was on the road when the us dealer made it life or death that i needed a new wear ring, didnt take them very long to replace it.

the system is all factory oem parts. i'm hoping to get that wear ring changed out this weekend and then be on the water next weekend. after a couple weeks of getting used to it i'm going to dive into some of those small mods that people are talking about to make the ride better/last longer. (i.e. washers, etc.) thanks for the welcoming guys.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jb83 View Post
    the system is all factory oem parts. i'm hoping to get that wear ring changed out this weekend and then be on the water next weekend. after a couple weeks of getting used to it i'm going to dive into some of those small mods that people are talking about to make the ride better/last longer. (i.e. washers, etc.) thanks for the welcoming guys.
    i completely forgot, u should do the washers ASAP, just in case.

I dont think it was as big of a deal on the gtx since i guess people dont abuse them as much as the rxp but i believe it still has ceramic washers like the rxp. The later models all went to metal washers across the board.

Tha metal washer upgrade was my first upgrade on my rxp. I was so worried they would be cracked.

Welcome!

+1
    Welcome to greenhulk. Nice ski ya got there! You will find that the wear ring is not too difficult to change your self. $300 in labor?!? I'm in the wrong business!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information